Pearl Season - Modern Jeweler Article

KAC

Here's a good article from Modern Jeweler but with a heavy B&M slant.
Pearl Season

What can Democrats and Republicans both support in this election? For partisans on both sides, pearls are the go-to accessory for a woman who wants to look polished and professional.

During this year?s hotly contested campaigns, pearls are the top jewelry look for candidates, representatives, senators, and spouses in the spotlight.

Pearls are difficult to buy on-line so retailers don?t face the global competition that they face in diamond sales.

Hmm thats news to me :rolleyes:

Interesting article for the detail on fashion trends 'on the street.'

I have a question based on this quote seen on digital page 5:

"It’s a case of supply and demand, explains Anil Maloo of Baggins, Los Angeles. “In baroques, large sizes are extremely rare because pearl farmers have become better at what they do. Cultivation techniques have improved so much that they are no longer producing as many baroques.”"

I understand that keshis appear less frequently because of more attentive cultivation techniques. Is this also true for baroque shapes?

But obviously, the writer needs to brush up on and keep current with their knowledge about online pearl sales!:rolleyes:

Probably written by a man who does not like shopping! :D

>>> runs and hides :D

DK :)

the "online" exception aside, good article overall - I can verify that high-end pearls continue to do well regardless. Anything that raises pearl awareness is a good thing for the industry (even a marketing piece for a trade journal like MJ - read mostly by jewelers.)

Back