• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Pearl fiber for handspinning.

BWeaves

Well, tracking says the loom arrived 1-Oct-2021, but the Freight company says they don't have it. Nobody knows where it is. The maker is trying to track it down, but he's upset. He said he'd make me another one, but how to get it to me if the Freight company's tracking is useless?

The maker is in California and I'm in Florida, or I'd just go pick it up myself.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Looks lovely...almost "yummy"

CathyKeshi

Oh, no BWeaves, that's distressing! Glad your loom maker is willing to look into this for you, still ... how does one lose a loom? Hope they find it!

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Well, we did manage to lose the Ark of the Covenant and it was quite big, covered in gold, with cherubs on top. Nothing surprises me after this!

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
LOL! It's like a family joke...every time something gets lost in transit and we get the "WE don't know what happened to your package" answer from the Courier we do the "There goes the Ark!" expression ;)

That's so funny CortezPearls. We do have an expression or two in my family as well. When my son was little, maybe 6 or 7 he tried to teach his grandmother some videogame, she wouldn't listen and crawled down an abyss and died. He finally lost his patience and told hos grandmother that if she wouldn't listen...well die then....we use that expression all the time. Well die than....some might find it disturbing, but we all think it's hilarious.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
If in the proper context it is indeed very funny! :lmao:

BWeaves

I wouldn't be surprised if the crate with my loom in it is stuck in some gigantic warehouse next to the Ark!

BWeaves

Raiders of the Lost Ark. The first Indiana Jones film. It's how the film ends with the ark in a crate getting lost in a large warehouse.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Yup! And in the last one (Indiana Jones 4, they are driving jeeps inside a warehouse and they hit some crates...one falls and reveals the ark inside!)

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
They did...Area 51! ;)

BWeaves

Oh, it's not coming from overseas. It was made for me by a gentleman in California. Tracking says it arrived in Orlando 3 days after he sent it from Stockton, CA. However, the shipping company (Roadrunner Transportation) says it never arrived. If they don't have drivers to deliver it, just tell me and I'll come and get it myself with a U-haul.