Paula Patton as Billie Holiday

knotty panda

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert
"... the late Lady Day?one of the first African American women to sing with an all-white orchestra?translated all of that pain into some of the most achingly personal songs ever recorded."

?You can imagine that women at home hearing her songs on the radio felt her vocalizing their emotions and their struggles.??Paula Patton, 33 of the upcoming drama Push, wearing Holiday?s trademark gardenia in her hair"

I don't if the dress is accurate, but knowing hollywood, it's probably dead-on. All I can say is WOW!

Attachments

• billie holliday.jpg
    billie holliday.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 24
"..
I don't if the dress is accurate, but knowing hollywood, it's probably dead-on. All I can say is WOW!

Hi Knotty,

I thought the picture was fabulous! However finding this to be an interesting quote from you...

I have the comlplete opposite opinion. Personally I find Hollywood "glamorizes and fantasizes" the clothing and garb.. Maybe they get "some things" right. Generally there are costume designers who "present their interpretaion" of a specific look from history and that is what it is for a movie..

I hope you are correct on this one.

I am going to quit now, or a real danger of me become a clothing accuracy snob.... I really should spare the list that... LOL

cheers
Ash

If it isn't dead-on, it should be.

A very lovely lady with beautiful Gardenias and even lovlier pearls either they are real or faux! Thanks for sharing, Knotty!

You found a WONDERFUL pic of her and her pearls. Real pearls or not, what a treasure.

If it isn't dead-on, it should be.

In total agreement here!

Knotty, I apologize, for sounding snotty in my last post. I had not meant to be. I must have been stillin "GO" mode from events earlier in the day

I am sorry.

The pictures are wonderful! Beautiful lady and voice!

cheers

Ash

Not the least bit snotty! You're right, they do take liberties. But then I see something like John Adams and they are accurate down to the way the nails were made to hold the clapboards on the houses. Now that I look at it, it does have a modern feel. But I still love it and Lady Day would have done it proud!

Back