OH EM GEEEE, introducing Arielle, the Mermaid Octo Clamshell Playdate Ring!!!!!

Purranha

It is no secret that I am a HUUUUGE fan of Sheri's works, and WOW she has outdone herself yet again!!!!!!!!!!

Introducing Arielle, the Mermaid Octo Clamshell Playdate Ring!!!

IMG_0309.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 29
To give some background story –
I first met the various components from my veeery first mini-ruckus with Sheri in NYC last spring. I don’t think we quite knew how it was going to turn out, yet.
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?10422-Mini-NYC-Ruckus!
IMG_0484.jpg

Sheri hand sculpted the mermaid and baby octo, and the clamshell was casted from this precious sadly already deceased baby giant clamshells Sher found washed ashore. It is so rare and precious to find giant clamshells in this size with such perfect condition.

Then when I met up with Sheri again in NOLA this past May, she has completed the first clamshell playdate pendant. I was so in love with it I harassed her to PULEASE make me one lol!
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...by-CliClasp!!!&p=184049&viewfull=1#post184049

We got the project rolling when I was in Bay Area this past June. I confirmed the project with Sheri, and picked up the most precious baby Kasumi keshis from Sarah when we visited her studio. The little guy on the bottom went into the baby octo’s head. This ring is such a wonderful remind/souvenir or the fun mini ruckus and a Sheri and Sarah having a little dance party on my finger!
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...he-Bay-Area!!!&p=186401&viewfull=1#post186401
IMG_8728.jpg

I hemmed and hawed over pendant vs ring, since I am such a ring girl, but it is gonna be a HUGE ring!!! Lol I think I drove Sheri nuts with my indecision but she was very patient with me! In the end, I finally decided to stick to my ring preference, afterall, my moto is “More is still NOT ENOUGH!!!” Couldn’t be happier with that decision!

So here are some WIP pictures:
IMG_8624.jpgIMG_8625.jpg
Yes, as always, Sheri’s mermaids have buns and butts!

Sheri modeling to help me decide.
IMG_8688.jpg

The final stage before enameling and gluing the pearl on.
IMG_8823.jpg

OOOOOMMMMGGGG!!!!! SQQUUEEEEEEEEEEE!!! OMG I am SO IN LOVE with this ring!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_0307.jpgIMG_0309.jpgIMG_0316.jpgIMG_0317.jpgIMG_0318.jpgIMG_0319.jpg

The ring feels surprisingly comfortable and balanced on my hand, and the range of patina on the shell is just absolutely stunning. It is really my favorite ring of all times and makes me SQQQUUEEEEEE everytime I see it!!! <3 <3 <3

I know Wendy has a pendant coming her way with the special wild SoC baby pearl from Papa Doug from this ruckus. I can’t wait to see the sister pendant!

Well this is just shut up gorgeous! I absolutely adore the octo mermaid piece I own...but this...this is amazing! Seriously, a little mermaid sculpture. I'd love this one on a pedestal. Sheri if you ever do consider doing this as a piece of art, I'd be buying!!! Your talent is amazing, and to see the process from wax carving to finished piece is cool. Purr, you are one fortunate gal to have this original!!!

Oohhhhh Purr and Sheri, she's fabulous!! I had to hop on my computer so I could see her in her full-sized glory! She's amazing. And Purr, of COURSE you had to do a ring! More is more, baby <3 I love it. And the color work is really gorgeous. Sheri, you outdid yourself!

Wow!!! one of a kind for sure. So talented and creative Sheri is. I love every single one of her creations.

Oh my Goodness!!! That's art on a finger! I cannot get over the colors of the shell! So many wonderful details. I bet you never get tired of looking at it. It's magnificent!!

Sheri just may have outdone herself this time! Absolutely amazing!!!

WOWZA!!! That is freaking adorable. That ring would make me smile every time I looked at my hand. And I'd be staring at it all day, and not getting any work done.

Haha hey, Arielle flirted with me for a WHOLE YEAR plus ever since I met her components last spring!
So when Sheri made her own pendant, I begged and harassed and arm twisted her into making one for me!

And I truly, truly, have some of Sheri's very best pieces!
Arielle and BabyOcto Ring meet & greet. Gosh look at my reflection on the SoC erotochromic mabe!
IMG_0428.jpg

Arielle meet my other Kasumi ring from Sarah.
IMG_0425.jpg

Arielle meets the rest of the family - Hello Hippocampus! Hello other playdate! Hello baby octos!!!
IMG_0430.jpg

There are a few sibling pieces here - Hippocampus is sibling piece with Newberry. And soon Arielle will be sibling piece with lilliefuzzysocks!

Back