new antique mystery pearl ring!

funky_pearl

hi everyone, i'm super excited to share my first pearl ring! it's 18k gold with three 5ish mm pearls and four old single cut diamonds. the pearls are each a different color and kind of lumpy and bumpy. i have no clue what kind they are if anyone knows? the ring was sold to me as art deco period, i love all the little details in the carving and that the pearls have character. anyway here's the pictures of my new find! oh, and please excuse my dry winter hands! :eek:
YWE384gl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
fLvmaxzl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
kWEqIgvl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
DnCU0QXl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
FqyWH97l.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
V1sEm8hl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
q3A38w0l.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

You have lovely hands! I'm looking forward to our Jewelry community people commenting, it's beautiful.

Are you a rock hound, are those your crystals or the seller's? Very cool stuff.

I think I have amethyst in matrix(?) somewhere... I'm ignorant but full of admiration :)

Last edited:
thanks lisa c, it's been a rough winter on my hands! i guess i am a rock hound, a lot of our window sills look like that here. thats mostly lithium quartz, rose quartz,a labradorite, phantom quartz and a tigers eye in that picture. :) my husband says i'm a stone magpie, it applies to pearls too i guess, lol. i love amethyst too, very pretty!

Funkypearl,

I certainly like your taste in crystals and rings! Hopefully some of our members with knowledge of antiques will pop by. Certainly there is a possibility that the pearls are naturals. Since the pearls are light colored and fairly small, but sit above the mounting, you might like to "candle" them to see if a nucleus is visible inside. Here is a thread that explains that process.

thanks jerseypearl and pattye. pattye, i'll have to read that thread and see if i can "candle" them,thanks for the link! i just looked at the pearls with my 20x loupe they have quite a cool texture to them!

Nice ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :)

Back