My Pretty Nice Tahitian Earrings

Camelotshadow

Don;t wear them too much but should as I like the soft purple over the black color. They are about 10 10.3mm set in 18K yg with the meccan backs. I was not sure if they were good but seemed 18K with better backs meant something.

Going through chemo now so not best time to wear your best pearls as you could be very sweat toxic.

Anyway I love diamonds & should not be gravitating back to pearls but they are so nice!

I also bought a loose pair of undrilled steel grey 10 mm pearls for about $20...guess they are not much but if I find a cheap setting I might make earrings.

Gosh black pearls & all the colors of the rainbow might just be my favorite!

Attachments

• 10.3 black pearl megan al 18K back.jpg
    10.3 black pearl megan al 18K back.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 10mm black slight aub 18K mican.jpg
    10mm black slight aub 18K mican.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 10mm black slight aub 18K mican fr.jpg
    10mm black slight aub 18K mican fr.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31
  • 10mm gray.jpg
    10mm gray.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 34
Those are very pretty!

When you do wear your pearls, I would wipe them down with a soft damp cloth after wearing, to remove sweat and any chemicals in the sweat (although I don't know for a fact that one's sweat changes with chemo.) The way I see it, you need your best and most positive mind frame when undergoing such stress, and if pearls help, then wear the pearls!

Camelotshadow - very pretty and sure to be a mood-uplifted!

I am an oncology nurse, so I know about the effects of chemo. Most of the metabolites are processed by the liver and excreted by the kidneys. Sweat should not be a bigger isssue than it normally is for your pearls. As Pearl Dreams suggested, a quick wipe-down after wearing should keep them in good shape. Their effect on your well-bing is important! Don't hesitate to wear what makes you feel better :)

Thanks, I like the eggplant wash they have. They don't floureess under UV. I Didn't spend much so I am happy with them even though they are a bit odd sized & off round & the colors not exactly matched. Maybe thats a good sign they are not dyed?

Thanks for the tip on wearing pearls. I am usually very careful but was wondering about the poison chemo.

Such pretties. I'm sure they'd look better on your ears though! Wanted to wish you the best with chemo and your recovery!

I should wear them more often but they seem a bit big & I don;t want to wear them out...LOL

Thanks got bloodwork done so will know in a few days how my wbc count is. Dr says I'm doing great...well lets see the lab report so I can be sure...

Back