My new white South Sea Earrings and mixed strand from PP!

LitGeek

I am so excited to share my new wSS and silver Tahitian strand that Hisano from Pearl Paradise designed for me, along with the wSS dangles I got to go with it! It all started with this pair of SoC pearls that I purchased and had sent to PP to be set as dangle earrings.
Screen Shot 2013-07-08 at 9.39.53 AM.jpg
I asked PP if they had any smooth drop silver tahitians that might go with my SoC pearls and this is what they found.
silverblue tahitians.jpg
The color of the SoC pearls were a lilltle lighter than the silver Tahitians (the other pearls in the photo are silver blue akoyas), so I suggested doing a mixed strand with Tahitians and wSS. I thought about going with a more traditional strand with dark and light Tahitians mixed with the wSS, but this necklace of Natalie' Portman had been on my mind for some time.
Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 3.51.57 PM.jpg

More to follow...

I sent PP the photo and asked them to use it for inspiration to create a strand for me. They sent me back two designs Hisano created.
SilverTahitians_a.jpgSilverTahitians_b.jpg
I chose the second design and then we took a few pearls out to make it shorter and took out the largest center pearl to make it less graduated and ended up with the final design. They set aside the top two pearls just incase I wanted the strand longer.
silver white final.jpg
And here is the glamor shot of my finished strand.
sTwSSnecklace.jpg

More to follow...

Back to those SoC pearls for a minute. When I purchased them from Douglas's farm, I spoke with PP and they were happy to have them sent to them so they could set them for me. I really wanted to go with a bishop hook style setting and PP, being as wonderful as they are, went ahead and found a few styles from another vendor. I selected two styles that I really liked, one with bling and one without, and decided that I needed both. Large baroque wSS dangles had been at the top of my wish list for months and I wanted a pair to wear with my new mixed strand. I decided to purchase the lovely 13mm wSS pearls PP sent me a photo of and have them set in the 14k white gold with diamonds bishop hooks. I just love how they turned out! Seriously, PP has the best customer service or rather personal shopping service :cool:

Finished wSS dangles.jpg

My mixed strand and wSS earrings arrived yesterday and I am so in love with them! After wearing them for the afternoon/evening the pearls really took on a gorgeous glow, their colors really came out, and I am totally smitten with them! The smaller strand length (16.5?) fit me much nicer and are much more comfortable than the standard 18?. The pearls are 9-11.3mm. I have to say that Hisano did an amazing job selecting the pearls and designing the strand ~ she is an exceptionally talented designer!

The earrings are larger than I expected and SO sparkly! They are also heavier than I anticipated, so I just ordered some Lobe Wonder ear lobe support patches to help take the weight off my earring holes (thanks GemGeek for your post recommending these).

The luster on all of the pearls are out-of-this world and they glow beautifully. I wore my new silverT/wSS strand with the wSS earrings to my dd?s sports practice and I had a huge smile the whole time.

7a1fc4da-48ec-43b3-b8c9-3b85d00945d1_zpscb6e8ee1.jpg

More photos to follow...

Last edited:
f530a3b0-1560-410d-a30f-d0fa23c31721_zpsc04abbeb.jpg
Oh and not to forget about my SoC pearls...they will be set with custom findings hopefully next week! I will add them to this thread when I receive them.

Last edited:
Beautiful pearls and a great story! It's my 13mm white SSP earrings that take two patches per ear, so I am glad you ordered some Lobe Wonder. I put them on in an X pattern to disperse the weight over as much area as possible. :)

Can't wait to see the Sea of Cortez pearls! :)

What a great idea for a necklace. Looks amazing!

- Karin

Woo Hoo! You are just lovely in these new pearls! I'd be smiling too! They are stunning! Kudos to Hisano and PP! Looking forward to the Sea of Cortez earrings!

Thanks Pattye! I am also looking forward to the very special bracelet to go with these pieces that you will be making me next month!!!

Beautiful pearls and a great story! It's my 13mm white SSP earrings that take two patches per ear, so I am glad you ordered some Lobe Wonder. I put them on in an X pattern to disperse the weight over as much area as possible. :)

Can't wait to see the Sea of Cortez pearls! :)

Thanks for the compliment and tip GemGeek! My Lobe Wonder will be here tomorrow, so I will definitely try it your way.

Thank you also KarinK and Marianne for your lovely comments!

Nice earrings and necklace.

DK :)

Elegant perfection white ss and silver t's just can't get better than that :)

Thank you DK, Melissa, Newberry, and Lindaphillipsbong :D

Here are a couple more pics.
wssself8_zps8aabb09d.jpg
wSSself7_zpsadbc5624.jpg

Last edited:
LitGeek, serious neck- and pearl-envy here...sigh

Is LitGeek short for LiteratureGeek?

Back