My freshwater pearl rope (with a bonus)

la_corsetiere

Super Moderator
This was actually my first pearl-knotting project - a freshwater rope of varying colors, shapes, and sizes, about 60" long. I often wear it long and knotted, but in this photo, I have the rope quadrupled, temporarily secured with an antique art nouveau watch fob (couldn't pass it up on e-bay, but glad to have found an alternate use for it!), with my Paspaley enhancer dangling below.

I count myself lucky to have a long neck:D\

Thanks for looking...

Sheri

Attachments

• fairy ball_and_Panama 039_smaller.GIF
    fairy ball_and_Panama 039_smaller.GIF
    15.8 KB · Views: 25
Wow, what a fantastic piece!!! You must be so proud of your first knotting job. It looks wonderful. You have such a lovely neck to show i off too. I love the use of the watch fob! It looks so elegant together. What size are the pearls?

A total knockout, runway worthy piece. Do fobs routinely have rhinestones as center pieces? How is the fob attached? Do you mind posting a pic of the fob itself? I can't figure out how its attached. Thanks!

Wow! A lovely and creative necklace on the perfect model. Yes, you definitely have a swan-like neck. ;)

A total knockout, runway worthy piece. Do fobs routinely have rhinestones as center pieces? How is the fob attached? Do you mind posting a pic of the fob itself? I can't figure out how its attached. Thanks!

The fob has a simple pinback. Like Sueki, I often use interesting brooches to shorten or accent pearl strands. This was an unusual fob, with a crystal in the middle that looked a lot like a blue topaz, and a really nice plating that made it look like high-karat gold. I'll try to post a photo of the fob itself later.

The pearls in the rope range from 2mm to about 12mm. The SS drop is a little over 15mm by about 19mm.

Thanks to you all for your compliments on my "swan-like" neck...;)

Sheri

Sheri,

What a beautiful necklace. Very impressive for a first project - or any project, for that matter.

Serenity

I would like to know too just how you attach several rows of pearls to it, when it has a pinback?!:confused:

I would like to know too just how you attach several rows of pearls to it, when it has a pinback?!:confused:

The pearls are in one long rope, no clasp. I fold it in half, so I have two loops of pearls at each end, then put the pinback through those loops and fasten the pin in the front to form a choker. Hope this makes sense.

sheri

It makes perfect sense to me, Sheri. ;)
Gorgeous necklace, and the long Tahitians, too.

Hi Sheri,

Just fabulous! Love the rope idea, and all the colors, shades and shapes. Allows endless contemplation! What do you wear for earrings? When I get home, (am now visiting family in Sacramento) I will be starting my first knotting project, after being tutored by Caitlin while in Tucson! So will share mine eventually.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Back