Multi-coloured and solid exotics from PP!

~Crystal~

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my first ever Pearl strand purchases! After much deliberation, I went with the exotic metallic multi-coloured strand for myself (6.5mm-7mm) which has INCREDIBLE lustre, and also purchased two solid exotic strands in Silver Peach... initially in 6.5-7mm.

The wonderful team at PP sent me several pictures to help me choose the exact shade for these 2, and I found that the shades I wanted were only available in 7-7.5mm... so both strands were graciously upgraded in size by Jeremy!!

I'm afraid my pictures do the strands absolutely NO justice at all- and they seem even worse now that I've had to reduce the size of the photographs so they can be attached... but hopefully this will help persuade someone else to get these gorgeous necklaces as the photographs posted by other forum members persuaded me :)

Seeing the strands in person totally wowed me- it's too bad that both the solid strands were bought as gifts!! I really want one for myself now that I've seen what they really look like so will likely make another purchase soon :D

The tahitian strand was just something else I purchased at around the same time- they all arrived within 24 hours of each other so I was in pearl heaven!

Attachments

• tahitian and exotic resized.jpg
    tahitian and exotic resized.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 28
  • multi-coloured resized.jpg
    multi-coloured resized.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3523.JPG
    IMG_3523.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 28
  • both resized.jpg
    both resized.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 29
They are so beautiful! The fresh water color is so unique and I can see the lights so clearly!

Is the Tahitian necklace Kamoka?

wow! i know how hard it is to capture luster. for all of us who have tried, our imagination can adjust the photo to see the phenomenal metallic luster. the luster on tahitians are pretty spectacular, as well. please tell us about those -- peacock baroques from pp?

The tahitians are actually just a strand that I managed to pick up for a really good price (IMO) from Elana over at Future Fashionista! I bought them on a whim but have been very happy with them seeing as how I paid just under $200 (she had them on clearance and I was allowed to use a code on them) :)

Having said that, I am now drooling over Kamoka pearls and really wish I could own some of those as well!

They were described as circled baroques, strand size 8.1 x 10.6mm, colour is emerald with splashes of pink overtones, minimal to moderate blemishes (varies between pearls) with high lustre.

I've had awful trouble trying to get good pictures of the tahitians as well as my exotics though- I think my hands are too shaky!

A couple more pics attached :)

Attachments

• blurred neck shot.jpg
    blurred neck shot.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 33
  • exotics.jpg
    exotics.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 36
  • both strands.jpg
    both strands.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
love 'em!

I also ordered two strands of freshwater metallics in silver/pink. I couldn't be happier. The luster is fantastic.

Congrats on your purchases. The freshwaters look lovely on you. :)

apropos your comment on shaky hands -- wanted to pass along a helpful link on photographing pearls for the amateur (and low budget tips). http://www.tabletopstudio.com/jewelry_photography.html#pearls
they do say a tripod is essential, which i learned from my miserable amateur attempts. i even propped up a box, rather than a tripod, next to my set up. good luck -- and hope more photos in the future.

What a way to start out! The colors come through loud and clear and they glow like mad, even if the photos aren't super-sharp. You might as well just leave them out on your bedside table so you can gaze at them when you're not wearing them. Be careful when driving - wait to look in the mirror until you are stopped at a light!!! ;)

Ooh I would love to see photos of your Silver-pink strand lovetahitians! That was the one I was going to order for myself (and might still do) ;)

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! I will definatley try out those photography tips next time! And the biggest thank you of all to Jeremy and the team at PP for my amazing pearls!!

Back