Looking for information on a pearl strand on an SVU episode.

MrsD

Okay, so I have always been obsessed with the Law and Order show SVU. I am *recently* obsessed with pearls. I am watching an episode called "Bang". It had John Stamos as a guest star. The pearls in question were on an actress named Lori Singer, the character's name is Dede Aston. She wore them in the beginning of the episode. They were quite beautiful and unique. Slightly steely blue. Very misshapen and mismatched. It sounds not so great, but they were hard to take my eyes off of. I felt that they looked like natural pearls:rolleyes: because of how odd the strand was. I am trying to figure out exactly what they were. I have been Googling like mad looking for them to no avail. I thought that this may be a job for PGers. I'm itching to see them again for a close up, and also know what they are. I wonder if the episode is on Netflix, so you all can see what I am talking about. On Tv, the guide says season 12, episode 20. On Wiki, it says season 12, episode 22.

This is no emergency, of course, but I would LOVE to find out! It's my first post after reading a lot of posts and looking at dazzling photos. Thank you all for your help-now, and during the research for the pearls I got for my birthday! MrsD :eek:

If I find ANYTHING I will post it!

sounds like they might have been a baroque tahitian strand, it would be pretty strange for SVU to use a natural pearl strand given the value. Any chance of a picture?

I suggest you write to the costume department (address it to head of costumes or by name from the credits if poss) of the company which makes this programme. They are best placed to tell you what the necklace is and are often slow but helpful to reasonable enquiries

The only pics I can find from that episode show her in a pastel looking strand in a peach suit. The look like freshwater to me if that is the right shot. Could be any number of freshwater styles. Hard to see. If you find a pic...

That is such a great idea pearlescence, thanks!

Back