• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Lady Colin Campbell on you tube is My Guilty Pleasure, for her pearls!

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Her smile and pearls match!
Question that has nagged me: does her dog munch on pearls? After Elizabeth Taylor's I would imagine all "Royal Dogs" are innately non-gem chewers ;)

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
I don’t know how Lady C spells Miki, I’ll check, but that pretty dog seems like she’s a genteel dog’s dog, all the time. Haven’t heard that she terrorizes pearls or gems, but she barks at birds, and likes treats.

I wish I could remember how I got a decent screen capture! Maybe the best idea is editing Lady C’s starting-the-episode photo. That’s kind of static and disappointing, because when her pearls are moving they’re playing with light. We’ll see. Can’t always get what we want!

Last edited:

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I agree...that is a very sound option for obtaining the best image: stop the video at the still image and take the screen snip!

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Every time I try to stop it, the screen darkens and the arrow appears. Then, that’s the photo - dark and blech, with a pause or arrow symbol.

When I screen-snip I try to capture a flattering expression, don’t think it’s fair to post it otherwise. I’m amazed at the number of micro expressions exposed by faces in motion!

I’ll continue to try, but it may well be that a clear shot of her collection is beyond me. I bet the later versions of iPhone are better at clear screenshots, though frankly, the face-grabs with my older phone are pretty good. We all know pearls are a challenge to photograph, even when ‘resting’.

Last edited:

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Here’s what I snipped yesterday from Lady C.

Attachments

• photo72039.jpg
    photo72039.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
And here she’s all dolled up for a guest,

Attachments

• photo72040.jpg
    photo72040.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Ah, I can’t do justice to her pearls. She goes to a lot of trouble with her appearance and episodes, so I feel mean if I crop out most of her face to get more of her pearls.

I’ll just say, go to her you tube, chatting with lady c, at least take in the first few minutes to goggle at her pearls. She has some pretty long strands, and some fun clasps. Before I quit, I’m going to try to capture her GSSs. Since I know I can’t do them justice, I’ll tell you the dates of the episodes, too.

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
I know Lisa. It's hard to take good photos from a video unless the quality is really good (at least HD) and the camera used to take the video was also very good. I don't think she used really high end equipment for her videos.

KarinK

I only read this thread now but I must have secretly channelled Lady C when I had an irresistible urge to buy a tweed jacket a few weeks ago :)

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
:biglaugh: beautiful Karin!
And now Lady C has done some amazing thing with scarves! Somehow she folds them perfectly and they stay up under her chin, perfectly. (theater sticky tape?) I’m developing a severe inferiority complex, but I still have to see what she’s up to.

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Ok, let’s see what happens here! This is a photo from March 18, 2021. It looked pretty clear, let’s see how it posts...
Oh well, it’s a thumbnail you have to click to enlarge.

Attachments

• photo72137.jpg
    photo72137.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
filedata/fetch?filedataid=72138 What do you guys think? Freshwater, amethyst, clear quartz and jet? I only have a cell phone.
Of course, since I can’t see clearly, they could be glass beads.

Attachments

• photo72138.jpg
    photo72138.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Click image for larger version  Name:	6F4703A6-43D4-48EE-B946-9159AB28B961.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	458571 I hope here’s a better photo of pretty sure WSS, Sept 2, 2016 on This Morning (a TV show?)

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Darn it! I made it larger and I cannot distinguish much to help me differentiate :( Sorry!
But that spider/tarantula brooch looks interesting too! I thought it has some pearls on its legs?

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
:shrug::(. Oh well, I only have a phone, that’s why I asked for opinions. Right? I think I’ll still enjoy checking out what she’s wearing, because I do have fun with it.

You all probably noticed I gave up on capturing the images, as I just couldn’t get the resolution I love.

Hey, everybody, Happy Holidays!!! :grouphug: I think this is a group hug emoji, but it might be a team scrum, think of it as a big hug ok?

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Thank you and Happy Holidays! :grouphug::fest30:
I have just moved to a new city and I still don't have internet on my home...which makes it difficult for me to check the forum constantly or even post new stuff!

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Here’s today’s good look, I looooove that pin but can’t make it out, except that they’re red stones not enamel. And I don’t care if they’re labcreated stones, I love the sparkle as she moves. Again watch the first few minutes for the room, I love that Castle Goring, and her look...
90037E7D-C972-461E-B2E0-0DDC27C1EAB3.jpeg

CortezPearls

PG Forum Admin
Web capture_9-1-2022_18312_www.youtube.com.jpeg
Tried my best to get a good shot...can't really see much form the image :(