Kojima Cortez Beauty

CathyKeshi

The mailman brought this beauty to my door this week ...

Attachments

• CATHY DASSLER - 1 889.jpg
    CATHY DASSLER - 1 889.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 32
  • CATHY DASSLER - 4 892.jpg
    CATHY DASSLER - 4 892.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 38
I was very lucky to attend my first Ruckus this summer, and adopted the lovely baroque Cortez pearl that became the centerpiece of this necklace. I knew it should have companions, and Douglas from Cortez Pearls had a little bag of keshi pearls in his pocket ... None of the pearls were drilled, and I do not have a drill ... what to do, what to do ... Josh from Kamoka was sitting with us, and suggested I talk to Sarah from Kojima. Sarah graciously agreed to take my Cortez pearls home, to hold and think on till inspiration struck ... meanwhile, Douglas' little babies grew a few more keshi to add, some itty bitty rough diamonds demanded to play with the 14K gold too ... and what started as a simple "tin cup" design became this delicate, dreamy little work of art. I couldn't be happier with the wonderful Sarah and her genius work. HUGE thanks go to her, Mounir for soldering all those tiny diamonds :), to Douglas and his babies for such beauty, and not least to Josh for being the catalyst ... hope you all enjoy!

WOW! that is one seriously cool version of a tin cup, gorgeous colored pearls too! i need to go to the ruckus one of these summers and see cortez pearls in person, they look unbelieable! can we get a neck shot of your new beauty please? :)

OMG Cathy it did take a villiage but what a stunning necklace you now have. Your collection is growing by leeps and bounds but each and everyone of the additions is a once in a life time piece. When you come west this summer you will have to drive because the case needed to carry all of your new treasures is going to be huge :)

Wow, just lovely! Certainly worth the wait, Cathy. What a treasure, both the materials and the folk involved!

That is TO DIE FOR! You deserve it and I promise not to be jealous as long as you wear it at the next ruckus. :)

That is one fantastic necklace! Everyone did an incredible job creating it and I bet you feel like a princess when you wear it. Would love to see neck shots!!! Congratulations!

Cathy, your special piece turned out beautifully! What wonderful memories you'll associate with this piece. Wear it in the best of health and happiness!

Okay, -- first off, I do NOT promise not to be jealous. Come on, people!

That is a breathtakingly lovely piece. Coquettish, wispy, dreamy.

I can hardly wait to see it in person.

Wear it in health and happiness!

My hat off to all involved in this very special piece!

Cathy - You are building a wonderful collection of unique, beautiful and stunning one-of-a-kind pieces.

I passed by the SoC keshi at the ruckus because they are small, but they were so tempting because they are incredibly beautiful in person.

A perfectly lovely piece for a lovely lady that is in keeping with the name CathyKeshi.

Really stunning, Cathy! And what a great story! Looking forward to seeing you wearing this beauty!

Hi Pearl Friends,

I got caught up in a 48hr. print deadline, sigh ...

funky_pearl, Pattye, newberry, Marianne, kelluvpearls, GemGeek, la_corsetiere, pkinnew, BabyNurse, BAS, Red, Sunseeker, Katbran ... THANK YOU all so much for the kind comments ... this necklace was too special not to share :) All credit goes to Sarah's brilliance and Douglas' pearly babies, with a nudge from Josh he might not even remember LOL. The necklace is very much like a treasure from the pages of a fairy tale ... and the memories and people even more dear. I'd love to show it to you all in person someday! Thanks Again everyone :)

Oh Cathy, it's stunning! I remember those beautiful, colorful little Keshi pearls from the Ruckus, and wondered what you would do with those tiny beauties. Sarah's design is so creative and delicate. I can't wait to see it up close at the next Ruckus.

Thank You, KaySD ... Sarah is a wonder! Wouldn't another Ruckus be wonderful?

What an absolutely gorgeous necklace! The pearls, the design, just everything about it is lovely! Congrats and enjoy!

Back