Kamoka Intense Peacock Earrings

Alex

this is kind of an ?prequel? thread, as these are the pearls from Josh that set the scene for the creation of the Tahitian Dark Peacock set

they were bought from Jeremy in the summer of 2009, as an anniversary present for BV

they are 10.4 mm

she absolutely loved them (still does), and they became the ?top-pearls? in the pearl drawer (bossing all the other pearls about)

Attachments

• Cassis Cornuta's 42cts pearl on the shell
    Cassis Cornuta's 42cts pearl on the shell
    24.9 KB · Views: 40
  • The Patriotic.......    :)
    The Patriotic....... :)
    27 KB · Views: 29
I see y ou have a white camera and the pix were taken in the last couple of cloudlessly blue sky'd days here!

Thanks Adeline, Karin and Wendy

here a some more taken in different light - it's amazing how the colour shifts with the light

Attachments

• K 177.jpg
    K 177.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 32
  • K 176.jpg
    K 176.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
here is a PP photo of the pearls - but I'm not sure they will work, as I can't seem to enlarge them

Attachments

• K PP.jpg
    K PP.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 29
here a some more picis of the pearls - but they've been given a little bit of help this time.......
to colour-shift again :)

Attachments

• K 199.jpg
    K 199.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
  • K 197.jpg
    K 197.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Were you taking the pics in the courtyard of an Abbey? Wendy was spot on about your reflected images on the pearl, and I caught the Gothic (? Sorry for my ignorance if I'm wrong) arched windows.

If this is your home, I'm up for adoption, and affectionate and cheerful and love babies! Willing to relocate! Giggles

ohhh mother of......pearl! These are amazing! They seem to have green and aubergine overtones? The picture in white backgroud make them seem like they're metallic. Exquisite! Those would also be on my wish list :O)

Glad you like them :)

as Wendy says, the weather here is amazing right now, with great light, so I thought I would have another go..... (last time I took some pearls picis was in the winter, and the light was different then, even when the sun was out)

the colour has shifted again....... the flower is cream-white, with a little bit of yellow

Attachments

• K 285.jpg
    K 285.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Yum
    Yum
    36.2 KB · Views: 42
  • To the shops or fancy cocktail parties
    To the shops or fancy cocktail parties
    31.5 KB · Views: 32
  • it goes with everything.. silk to casual.
    it goes with everything.. silk to casual.
    34.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Great pics! Really like the idea of these pearls on that soft cream flower. Magnificent!

last one.....

the pearls in action :)

Attachments

• K Worn.jpg
    K Worn.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 34
Back