I've scratched my exotics!

Kelly

:eek::eek: I've scratched my exotic pearl bracelet! Don't ask how...but a couple of pearls have short not too deep scratches. Is there any way I can fix them?

I have the perfect solution: Wear the bracelet until the scratches become a lovely patina. ;)

Eventually, you'll get enough tiny little scratches that they will blend. There's no point to owning a bracelet that you're afraid to wear. No one else will notice the scratches as much as you will and eventually you'll stop noticing them too.

Gemgeek is absolutely right.

It's a little like finding that first wrinkle. After a while, we get more, and then they don't matter any more. ;)

Well these are gouges, more than scratches (leaned down to push myself up from sitting on a sidewalk). I don't think they will blend into the patina that will develop with time. I'm new to wearing bracelets, and so haven't really gotten the hang of them yet...:(

I suppose you could always replace the few pearls that are damaged...did you get them form Jeremy? Call them.

I was toodling around and read about this 'sunshine cloth' (at least I think that's what it was called). Has anyone had success with that?

Kelly,

Don't use the Sunshine cloth on pearls. It is abrasive and has chemicals in it. It's good for removing tarnish from metal jewelry.

Okey dokey. Won't do that then. Good to know, thank you. I'm gonna wear that bracelet, be more careful and not worry about those marks. Thank you all for helping me. I got the bracelet and it was so new and shiny and then I got the first scratches on it. Scratches happen. Perhaps I should order a back-up... (any excuse to order more exotics).

Back