It is the Season of Shoulder Dusters!

Purranha

Hi everyone!

Feel like I haven't posted as regularly in a while as I have been swamped at work for the past month so wanted to post something new now. As NYC is going through a week of sweltering heat, I have temporarily put away my ropes in favor of earrings (which I don't wear during the winter due to winter jackets & gears). My earlobes have low weight bearing, so I've been loving soufflé earrings.

I repurposed the silver & rose cold colored findings from another pair of earrings I made. It was completely accidental that they turned out to be the perfect findings for 2 mismatched soufflés! And I would switch over the fancy colored pair to the butterflies when I wear them. I'm loving the results of these 3 pairs of earrings.

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_IMG_1029_1024.jpg Views:	3 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	411181Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_IMG_1028_1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	411182Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_IMG_1026_1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	411183

Last edited by a moderator:
I also made 2 more pairs with shortened baroque akoyas and SSPs with findings from Etsy, and I would occasionally mix the colors as well. I’m quite happy with the outcome!
IMG_1149.jpg

Beautiful earrings Purranha. The soufflés are just gorgeous.

Beautiful. I was wondering about the souffles. Weight bothers me too. And looks like you've created some beauties

Those are all gorgeous! I love the combos you put together, they look great! What's the black metal in the far right pair in the first pic? I love it.

How pretty! You may have just convinced me to get some souffle earrings.

Love all the soufflé combos! Especially love the last two with baroque akoyas an ssp's!!

Purr you are so creative. Love all your shoulder duster earrings. I really like how you mix your metals and pearls. Can't wait to see what you wear at the ruckus ;)

I LOVE mismatched earrings. It's so hard to convince a jeweler to make them. Yours are gorgeous!

Those are all gorgeous! I love the combos you put together, they look great! What's the black metal in the far right pair in the first pic? I love it.

Battah! Unfortunately I am not sure - they were some random ear hooks my mom got from her jeweler - it came with other dangling components, I've just temporarily commandeered them to house the fancy color souffles!

Wow, they are all absolutely exquisite! Great combinations...of course, you have set the bar high for yourself, Purr - we would expect nothing less!

What beautiful souffles! Souffles are some of my favorite pearls because they remind me of overgrown keshi, which I love! I love the different ways you can wear your creations. You've got such a good eye for design!

Back