Graduated freshwater pearl necklace?

Arialle

Community member
Hi,

Does anyone own any graduated freshwater pearl necklace? I would love to have one (freshadama or elite collection), but cannot find one. Most graduated necklaces are made of akoya pearls, and I am not very keen on akoya...could anyone help? Thank you.

I have seen graduated FWP necklaces sold by Kojima Pearl. I imagine many vendors would make one for you as a custom piece.

I have seen graduated FWP necklaces sold by Kojima Pearl. I imagine many vendors would make one for you as a custom piece.

I recently gave birth to my first child (at the age of 39!), so I really want to create a unique necklace that could last longer than akoya. Originally, I want to use south sea pearls as center pearls, but not sure how well freshwater and south sea would look like in a same strand...

I've already asked PP, surprisingly the staff told me it is something that PP could not create, so I just have to turn to other vendor options. I will try Kojima, thank you.

Last edited:
American Pearl sells some. Both single and double strands in all different sizes.

I have a graduated freshwater pearl necklace ... a couple of them, actually. If I have one, they can't be difficult to find. :D

I know Honora makes them, but I'm not sure Honora is considered a prestige brand on this forum. The challenge may be to find round freshwater pearls; I think my graduated strand is ovals, and the size differences are minimal, not with large center pearls, but subtle.

If you buy good akoyas, they will last. My grandmother's akoyas were not so good and they lasted 60 years, with constant wear. I could still wear them but I wanted better pearls. The pearl farms now bead nucleate freshwater pearls like they do akoyas.

If you buy good akoyas, they will last. My grandmother's akoyas were not so good and they lasted 60 years, with constant wear. I could still wear them but I wanted better pearls. The pearl farms now bead nucleate freshwater pearls like they do akoyas.

I cannot wear akoya mostly because I have the habits of playing with my necklace when I got stressed out or nervous. My akoya pearl necklace worned out in 2 years. So I preferred thicker nacres...

I have a graduated freshwater pearl necklace ... a couple of them, actually. If I have one, they can't be difficult to find. :D

I know Honora makes them, but I'm not sure Honora is considered a prestige brand on this forum. The challenge may be to find round freshwater pearls; I think my graduated strand is ovals, and the size differences are minimal, not with large center pearls, but subtle.

Thank you :) I never know this brand, I will check it out. I really want a graduated necklace that is in gem grade. I still am thinking of using south sea pearls as center pieces, so I need nice quality freshwater to make this work.

Are you looking for a very graduated strand? Pearl Paradise sells slightly graduated strands of freshwaters, like 7-8 mm.

Back