Georgian paste & pearl pendant

aerinha

Bought this a couple years ago from a UK seller. Given my recent pearl buying problem with the UK it made me grateful this arrived. It’s a favorite of mine. All silver with clear pastes, the seller said the pearl was natural. It is grayish and has pink and purple flashes in the sun. Tried to capture them. Hallmarked three places on back but I can’t read it. Hope you enjoy!
F4D50AC5-453C-44BE-B689-32AEB68E148E.jpg

D17B7C09-8B20-4AB8-A2FE-0F8DA087D61A.jpg

A96A20C5-53FF-4BBB-B683-88495E093173.jpg

That's a really gorgeous piece, Aerinha!! Very unique. I can see why you got it! I love old pieces like this!

Do you know what they used for paste? It's quite a pretty piece. Almost modern looking. And that pearl is gorgeous. It has depth.

Imagine setting all those tiny gems! Then the gorgeous pearl, the ribbon fluorish ~ will you wear it on a sterling chain or tiny pearl chain or??

I wear it on a black velvet choker about 1/4” wide.

Do you know what they used for paste? It's quite a pretty piece. Almost modern looking. And that pearl is gorgeous. It has depth.

I don’t know what pastes are made of, when I was little and first heard the term in a book I thought they were made out of glue lol

I wanted to mention that while the pearl looks smooth in these pics it has texture for lack of a better term when touched.

I have 3 pearly purchases on their way to my work and a fourth going to my house today

That is fascinating! Could you please post a picture of the back? Are the gems set open or closed back? Usually, paste means glass. The glass was ground up (into a paste) then fired. What a lovely piece.

That is fascinating! Could you please post a picture of the back? Are the gems set open or closed back? Usually, paste means glass. The glass was ground up (into a paste) then fired. What a lovely piece.

The only back I have with me now is blurred. It is all closed back
C4FBEF11-BB6B-41F5-9FB0-6CB23EB2A3B1.jpg

I don’t know what pastes are made of, when I was little and first heard the term in a book I thought they were made out of glue lol

So funny , I thought the same thing. I couldn't figure out why they were clear when my jar of Paste at school was white.

Beautiful pendant and the pearl is gorgeous ! Lot of work in that piece !

Back