Early 19th century brooch (1830 - 1850) (?)

Nora

Art historian and devout NCN
2014-06-10-13-17-24.jpg

This is up for sale at a Tel Aviv auction house for 400 USD.
15 kt. rose gold. 3 old cut diamonds. Basra pearls (one missing) and enamel painting on copper.
Lot no. 2649 http://auctions.egozigallery.com/auction.asp?ID=60&Item=2649

Looks like 400 is the starting price, but if you are the only person, you can get lucky. She's covered in jewels!

If you buy before the auction, the price for this brooch will be 400 USD + IVA. This is their policy.
I have bought there two pieces before:

A ring with SS keshi, 18 kt. + diamond for 350 USD View attachment 30710

and

DSC_0240.jpg
16" 50 ct. 143 pearls, biggest 5.7, smallest 3.7 for 100 USD

Hi Nora,

Downside on the lovely brooch is the missing sections of enamel in that recessed ring inside the circle of pearls. However the picture of the girl is charming.

Your $100 strand of naturals was a huge bargain, congratulation on that great score. They'll look great with a suitable clasp.

Thanks for the comment Kiwipaul!

You have good eyes ;)

Interesting thing about those pearls is that when I bought them they looked kind of miserable and not interesting. I had to buy them for what they were.
After a good bath, and few wears, they started to glow and I have this strange feeling that every day they get better and better, kind of deep glow.

Thank you Pattye!
I'm not going for the brooch (I never wear them). I just wanted to show this for those on the forum that might be interested.

Back