Do you guys love baroque pearls or round pearls?

alice Chan

Hi everyone,
I have a question.
Do you guys love baroque pearls or round pearls? I saw many people posted some photos about pearl jewelry. More about baroque pearls.

I love both, but the older I get, the more I appreciate the uniqueness of baroque pearls. Plus, they scream real, while perfectly round pearls could go either way.

I like both but I love round pearls with incredible luster that makes them look like they have light emanating from within.

I wish there were better grading for baroque pearls, like near-round, then not-very-baroque, then really baroque-funny-shaped, and finally too-wierd-looking-to-be-pretty. :)

I love the uniqueness and the colors I see in fine baroque pearls and non-rounds. I love rounds too, but there is something surreal about a baroque pearl with hard-to-describe colors.

Same for me-- I love the unique shapes and often-greater iridescence of baroques. I particularly love fat-bottomed drops.
I also love near-round/slightly oval shapes when drilled the long way.

I'm less fond of eggy or button shapes, or very pointy drops in a strand. Not very fond of knobs.

Oh yeah, I love the colors and luster of some baroques but not others, and I love some shapes but not others. I love roundish and circled pearls and drops. I don't like very pointy pearls or ones with little knobbers or pits. But some perfectly round pearls have colors or surfaces that I like and some I don't like, too.

Back