A little gallery for my carved pearls.

ericw

Hi,
I have made a little gallery to show my carved pearls.
If you want to give me the pleasure of your tour, it's happening here :
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlew-Eric-Windeck-sculpteur-de-perles-508116169529065/
I wish you a good visit !
lav 1 sit recto.jpg

Beautiful, Eric! I enjoyed the tour.
My favorite: Tant de couleurs pour une seule flamme.

Oh Eric, those are wonderful! They remind me of the effect of Mokume-gane.

Ah, not only lovely carved pearls, but named as a poet would ... delightful, Ericw! If this is what you can do with "lower quality" pearls, I SO look forward to seeing what you do next ... magical :)

Mokume-gane ? It's a good reference ! In fact, I am fascinated by the Pamur's ancient work of the indonesian kriss' blades.
Pamur is the name of this special design of the steel, showing organic vein that indonesian smiths gave to the metal as magic properties they believed in.
So, my pearls have "something" different than ordinary. Not a question to find it's less or better, just different.
Thank you to like it, BWeaves.
Just a problem for me, to make good photographs, mine show a few details as faults which are not visible to the naked eyes, but don't show as well how the light is travelling through the patterns.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Do let us know when you have new creations. :)

Do not worry Ericw; your poetry shines even in English :)

I have learn of your good advise, GemGeek !
A pale, neutral colour is better than black behind the pearls to make photographs.
As I have not any special fitting to do, I have found that natural light, with a cloudy weather, was the best light.
But it's not enough so much good as I should want... Photographer is a profession...
About pearls, I have already difficulties to find the right by the net, without really see them. And even that, I must wait a long time to receive them from China, or spend too much money elsewhere.
Furthermore, I fell that pearls are not so appreciate in France to find here good sellers of undrilled pearls.
Anyway, the best, for me, would be to buy any kind of nice pearls, baroque, tear, round or other, but not able to be sold at right price because of little flaws, but often not annoying for carving.
Did you have an idea how and where I can find this kind of pearls ?

Last edited:
Back