17.84mm, 18.80ct Danburite for a Pearl Clasp

dkan 168

My precision cut Danburite by Jeff White that I intend to set as a multi-strand/use pearl clasp/pendant.

The finished stone is bigger than first anticipated. Once set, it should be big enough for a double strand of 8-9mm pearls.

The idea is to have it made into a clasp so that it can take different strands of pearls, like white and lavender Freshadamas, natural blue baroque Akoyas, nicer and larger Tahitians and WSSPs, etc. etc... Ideas welcome.

I shall bring it with me to the Ruckus in July 2016.

I appreciate it is not a pearl, however, it is pearl related, mods please feel free to move the thread into a more appropriate section if necessary, thanks.

DAN003.jpg
DAN003 hand.jpg

Can't wait to see it in person, as it looks gorgeous in the glamour pics by Jeff.

DK :D (the bottom pic is the Danburite rough)

Attachments

• JWDAN003before.jpg
    JWDAN003before.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 39
Thanks all for your kind words, and yes, it is Anna that gave me the idea in the first place.

DK :D

My goodness!! That is one big stone! I personally would set it in the simplest possible way. Using it in a clasp sounds like a great idea.

DK, what a brilliant idea and I'm sure the clasp will be drop dead gorgeous. Pls keep us posted on the progress!

A round stone that big is going to be very tall. I have a danburite, but it's dinky and in a gem box. Yours is gorgeous!

Drool! That is going to make a gorgeous clasp. Wear it in front!

I intend to wear it on the side, like in this pic (my PP 8-9mm Freshadama Double now in the good home of another PGer):

attachment.php

From table to cutlet, it is 10.75mm deep, and girdle to cutlet is 8.3mm.

DK :)

Perfect! I love wearing my clasps in front or on the side.

The Danburite has arrived, and Jeff's photos do not do it justice.

Here are a couple of pics I took: next to my KGH 2-row pearl clasp that is nearly 20mm in diameter, and the Danburite nested amongst my two largest strands of pearls:

JWDanburiteAndClasp.jpg
JWDanburiteWithPearls.jpg

I may convert the two strands so that they can be worn with the Danburite clasp, while I save up for a strand each of round WSSP and blue Tahitians.

DK :)

Omg that is gorgeous! How do you set it as a clasp btw? Are you planning to use those cool convertible clasps that can be swapped between strands?

Ok this is unfair...I want to see the finished product! LoL

Back