ladykemma

Default Show me your akoya pearls!

here are my pearls
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ladykemma

close up. i'm getting the hang of photographing these.

Bogus

These are the only string of pearls I have right now. I'm not even sure they belong in this forum! I bought them at least twenty years ago in a pawn shop. They were the most lustrous ones there. I assumed at the time they saltwater pearls...was I correct?

(This picture was taken in direct morning sunlight on white paper. I 'signed' it so there wouldn't be any confusion over where it came from. )

Bogus

ladykemma

can you give us a close up?

Bogus

Quote Originally Posted by ladykemma
    can you give us a close up?
    Sure! I tried to find a clear picture of a drill hole, and couldn't find any because the knots are so frayed.

Here're pics: In the top one I notice what looks like a bulge in the top left hand pearl. What are those dark spots visible on the bottom two pearls? I don't think they're drill holes... My guess is that they're about 6 mm (can't seem to find my mm gauge).

Thanks
    Bogus

Joan A

Default My Miki

I bought these on eBay about 6 years ago. I used to wear them a lot. Not so much now. I'm considering trading them for some Freshhamadas.. They look so fabulous. This picture was taken outside. Not the best light. I'm looking into setting up something better. These are 7.5-8mm 24" long. The earrings are not Miki. I've learned so much from this site, wish I knew more before I bought. But I'll apply the knowledge to future purchases.

ladykemma

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus
    Sure! I tried to find a clear picture of a drill hole, and couldn't find any because the knots are so frayed.

Here're pics: In the top one I notice what looks like a bulge in the top left hand pearl. What are those dark spots visible on the bottom two pearls? I don't think they're drill holes... My guess is that they're about 6 mm (can't seem to find my mm gauge).

Thanks
    Bogus
    how bout getting those restrung so you can wear 'em?

me personally i would get restrung into 18'" plus bracelet...

ladykemma

Quote Originally Posted by Joan A
    I bought these on eBay about 6 years ago. I used to wear them a lot. Not so much now. I'm considering trading them for some Freshhamadas.. They look so fabulous. This picture was taken outside. Not the best light. I'm looking into setting up something better. These are 7.5-8mm 24" long. The earrings are not Miki. I've learned so much from this site, wish I knew more before I bought. But I'll apply the knowledge to future purchases.
    do i spy a miki clasp? are they yellow or is it the photo? i would wear them proudly!

Joan A

the photo is yellow, they are white. I do wear them proudly, but I don't dress like I used to.

ladykemma

i would get them restrung onto 18 inch, plus bracelet, then wear them with jeans and men's oversize shirt with sleeves rolled up! nicE!

Joan A

I'm hoping to compare them to the Freshhamadas. Maybe the next time I'm in LA.. then I'll see how they are side by side. Then I'll figure out how to sell, I can list them on ebay.. Maybe befor Christmas, I typically see the sale spick up then..

I have considerd restringing them to 18", that would be ideal. I have a shorter stand that belonged to my mother-in-law, but they aren't that nice, so I don't really wear them..