Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

Default Beautiful Vietnamese Akoya Strands from Pearls of Joy

Please help me welcome my new strands of Vietnamese Akoya Pearls from Pearls of Joy; one Multi-Color and one Blues, each with 3" Rose Gold extender and lobster clasp! These pearls are so reflective and "glowy" they picked up a dimpled texture from the white paper towel background, and my mediocre photos do not do them justice. As you can see, they play very nicely together; in fact, I can't bear to separate them LOL. A surprise bonus ... they look spectacular twisted into a torsade with the Champagne Keshi and Diamonds strand Hisano at Pearl Paradise made for me last month ... didn't get a photo of that though. This was my first purchase from Pearls of Joy, and Kevin Canning could not have been more pleasant, patient, helpful and creative, even sourcing the rose gold findings I so wanted ... huge thanks to Kevin ))
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Those are really lovely, Kathy!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member cyndayco's Avatar

Gorgeous.

So you were the one who snatched up the multi-color strand. You were quick!

Thanks Marianne! Cyndayco, I did get one of the multi-color strands, this is not the blog strand, that went to someone faster on the keyboard than me Very happy with the strand I did get! I like that the Blues are just a tiny bit bigger than the multi-s; and gives the 2 worn together a bit of extra interest. There is also a lot of beautiful orient that just doesn't show up on the photos, especially rose overtones on the blue pearls. And then there's that Teal overtone one on the multi-color strand; it's my new best friend. My little grandson said they look like "pirate pearls" and they were beautiful ... high compliments LOL!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Yarrr, Grandma… High compliment indeed

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert dkan 168's Avatar

Lovely strands, thanks for sharing!

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

I thought you said on the Ruckus thread that your collection is modest!

- Karin

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Aaargggghh Pirate Pearls ! Love it Cap'n Keshi !

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

They are really beautiful! Can you post a shot of the torsade using three strands, which you've mentioned on both forums now -- you tease! These two strands are lovely, wear them in good health.

My grandson (7) is a young gentleman of great taste ... Karin, truthfully, my collection IS very modest, but thanks to the inspiration and information shared here, I'm working on it ... BAS, my little grandson said he'll help me take a photo of all three strands together later today, after "We're done playing soccer, chasing the neighbor's cows back to their own side of the fence, and ... " LOL. The sun is shining here in Pennsylvania, though, so I'll try to get a decent shot; that torsade attempt was directly inspired by some of your torsades and twists, BAS )) Thanks all; most especially to Kevin at Pearls of Joy.

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Gorgeousness! Are those photos all in the sunshine? You might see more of the color if you took photos in indirect daylight, but definitely not more shine. Those pearls look like they would glow in the dark if given a chance.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Thanks GemGeek The photos were taken under the MOST scientific of conditions: Outside, on top of the dry birdbath, rocks weighting down the paper towels, in light shade, with one eye turned to where those wandering cows were heading. Oh, and bumblebees under foot, with soccer balls incoming, and 2 runaway dogs ... perhaps we're lucky they even look like pearls LOL. I think the colors are pretty accurate, and the shine/glow, but there's way more orient and secondary colors, especially on the blues ... that I just couldn't capture. I am SO pleased

So, while I couldn't sleep at 3am this morning, I'm wondering about color graduating strands of these (or similar) pearls ... and I see back in 2008 there were threads about color graduated Vietnamese Akoya pearls ... looks like I'm not the first to think of that ... oh, Kevin ...

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BAS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    So, while I couldn't sleep at 3am this morning, I'm wondering about color graduating strands of these (or similar) pearls ... and I see back in 2008 there were threads about color graduated Vietnamese Akoya pearls ... looks like I'm not the first to think of that ... oh, Kevin ...
    Aah, another one bites the dust. Or should I say, the pearl bug has bitten YOU! Welcome to the club. I often think/dream of pearls in bed...

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Well, the photos are fabulous as they are. If you are able to get better photos, I might get jealous!
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!