Default I want to buy my first pair of pearl earrings and I need your valuable suggestions!

I am interested in pearl earrings and I want to buy a pair of Akoya pearl earrings and the size is about 7-8mm. But I almost know nothing about pearl but the top brand called Mikimoto. Mikimoto is wonderful but it is a little expensive for a student. So I come to this very professional pearl forum to get some valuable advice! I need your help!
    I searched one on amazon but I do not know whether it is good and here is the address:
    http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Akoya-C...pearl+earrings
    And do you think a certificate of the pearl categories is important?
    My budget range is from 100-300 and if you have more options please leave your advice or internet address below!
    Thank you very much!

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

"Carved Rings" are typical of freshwater pearls -- not akoyas. Because they are alerting you to the fact that they might have rings, they are basically telling you that they are selling freshwater pearls and hoping you will not know better. I would look for a trustworthy seller.
    GemGeek
    The World Is My Oyster!

Thank you very much and that's also the reason why I hesitate and come here! Would you like to recommend some good pearl brands for me because what I know is only the Japanese brand called MIKIMOTO. And what do you think about second-hand pearl earrings like those on ebay?
    Quote Originally Posted by GemGeek View Post
    "Carved Rings" are typical of freshwater pearls -- not akoyas. Because they are alerting you to the fact that they might have rings, they are basically telling you that they are selling freshwater pearls and hoping you will not know better. I would look for a trustworthy seller.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Hi Isabella,
    I would go straight to Pearl Paradise or Pearls of Joy….. period!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

From either of these sellers, you can get top quality freshwater or Akoya pearl studs that will retain their beauty for a lifetime. (providing you don't hit em with hairspray )

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Seriously, look at these top of the line akoya studs in your size range and price:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-611-7...-earrings.aspx

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

I agree with Pearl Dreams and Marianne. When you are talking about akoyas, it doesn't get any better than Hanadama!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member LitGeek's Avatar

I agree, if you want akoya definitely go for the handama! There are also these lovely freshadama (top of the line freshwater) and they are even under your budget! http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-154-7...-earrings.aspx

All of my good pearls (necklaces, bracelets, earrings) have been purchased from Pearl Paradise, you cannot go wrong with their products, they're lovely and wonderful quality. Their customer service is fantastic. I live in Nova Scotia Canada and wouldn't deal with anyone else!

First-graft Pearl

Seconding what everyone else is saying about Pearl Paradise and Pearls of Joy. They are both solid vendors with quality products at great prices and a reasonable return policy which comes in handy if you decide to upgrade on the size. I have a pair of white Freshadama (their top grade freshwater pearls) studs 7.5-8mm from Pearl Paradise and they are lovely!