Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I made cameos in the past, my first one was made from a old MOP token.

Name:  intaglio-nacre.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  46.1 KB

Then I made a dog head, a boat (for ring size), several women and men faces too, it was long time ago I was a teenage...
    I may still have one somewhere made from strombus shell, roman style.
    I will try to find it, and take a shot.
    I was thinking about making cameos again, but more modern design, mayby skeletons or other gothic-steampunk design.
    I am more and more thinking about making steampunk gothic jewelry, but using precious material.

I also purchased a nice XIX agate cameo with 2 pearls on gold mount, I will share it soon, when I will get it in mailbox.
    Last edited by parfaitelumiere; 02-28-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Oh wow! Amazing. What do you use to carve them?

electric and hand tools, and sandpaper.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Lady_Disdain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CathyKeshi View Post
    I did buy a small one, which I gave to my sister. It was considered a "learner's piece" and the saleswoman scoffed, but I liked it's simple flowers and smaller size, and wearability as a pendant or a pin.
    Ugh - this is one of my pet hatreds. No salesperson should ever scoff at anything they have in inventory (why do they carry it, after all?) and specially not when a customer shows interest in it. I don't care if it is the cheapest thing they carry, if it is all the customer can afford or if they prefer it to all the more expensive pieces in the showcases. You sell it, you back it. You can explain that it is a learner piece and then go on to explain all the student has learned so far. You talk about the age old techniques, the apprentice system, whatever. But you make your customer feel that it is special and that it has meaning. Because it is and it does!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Ah Sarah, your cameos make me smile!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Disdain View Post
    Ugh - this is one of my pet hatreds. No salesperson should ever scoff at anything they have in inventory (why do they carry it, after all?) and specially not when a customer shows interest in it. I don't care if it is the cheapest thing they carry, if it is all the customer can afford or if they prefer it to all the more expensive pieces in the showcases. You sell it, you back it. You can explain that it is a learner piece and then go on to explain all the student has learned so far. You talk about the age old techniques, the apprentice system, whatever. But you make your customer feel that it is special and that it has meaning. Because it is and it does!

Well said Beatriz !!!!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Well said, Beatriz! Somewhere an artist invested the time and energy to create this thing of beauty, which was meant to be enjoyed and appreciated.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BlackPearlDudeDC's Avatar

Too many sales persons forget jewelry is often a sentimental purchase that is frequently attached to a special moment or memory. That to me is the difference between a sales clerk and a sales professional.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    Too many sales persons forget jewelry is often a sentimental purchase that is frequently attached to a special moment or memory. That to me is the difference between a sales clerk and a sales professional.
    I whole-heartedly agree! Often the sentimental value of a piece far exceeds the market value.

Here it is

Name:  IMG_7113.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  77.0 KB

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Lovely lovely cameos!!

Lady_D, such a true statement!
    Etsy Shop: Ocean's Cove
    Instagram: Ocean's Cove
    Facebook: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: Ocean's Cove

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

parfaitelumiere - what a pretty Cameo !

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

OOO, and she's wearing pearls and the frame has pearls. Gorgeous.

Pearlista Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

That is lovely!