Page 1027 of 1031 FirstFirst ... 27527927977101710251026102710281029 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,405 of 15465

The blue akoya pearls are just so pretty, Bridie! And it's a great color on you too

Eolian, blue Akoyas are my favourite pearls & yours are just gorgeous!
    Your stands are lovely, SydK!
    You have a divine pearl collection, Jeg!

Beautiful pearls everyone! I've been homebound by this horrible winter storm we've had in Texas this week, but hopefully I'll be back at work on Monday and ready to wear my pearls again! Before calamity struck I'd worn my pearls nearly every day for about a month, and I miss them! I'm going to try layering my pendants with my new pearls, and I was wondering how harmful is it to pearls to wear them layered with chain necklaces? I mean... I'm going to do it anyway, but if it's very damaging it can be an occasional treat. By chains I mean just the usual gold fine guage chains you wear with pendants.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Your bronze freshwaters looks great ln you SydK. I have a hard time wearing that color, peach and apricot colors as well. Sometimes I still try.
    Pearlie Sue, you have to show us your new pearls. Chains can damage pearls, I haven't seen it myself. Mostly I don't wear chains and strands together anymore. I have made chains out of tiny ivory off round freshwater pearls instead, in different lenghts. I had to string most of them on wire, I don't like wire but the drillholes were just to tiny. I have even made a long and short lavender rose strand. They were all from a seller on ebay that have since closed the shop, Pearllunar, but can probably be found elsewhere as well. I also use a nifty clasp where pendants can be attached. But it's better to wear pearls than to not wear them, don't feel bad if you mix chains and strands.

Thank you Charlotta! By "new" I mean the pearls I've bought in the last six weeks, none I haven't shown off in the thread yet. I'll definitely show them layered though! So, in your opinion a chain of tiny pearls might be less damaging than a typical chain? (Not to mention look pretty cool too!)

Pearlie Sue, I think that all pearls have the same hardness and shouldn't damage other pearls. Those small pearls that I use for chain were quite affordable, so if some of those got damaged they could easily be replaced.
    Jeg, is that a new rope, don't remember thay one. It's beautiful. I did something similar with my very long tahitian rope, the one with hery big drops, smaller drops and a few rounder pearls. I didn't use keshis, but I arranged the pearls in color groups when possible. It was very fun to make.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Thanks, Pareltje, SydK, Charlotta, Katbran, eolian, and Bridie!

SydK, I love silvery white Tahitians! What a fun necklace to keep adding to, and the bronze combination is a winner together!

Ahahaha! NO questions asked, eolian!! And lovely Akoya!!

Pearlie Sue, I am not one to pamper my pearls and I wear them with anything. I have Akoya that spent years rattling around in jumbled jewelry boxes. The only thing I avoid is wearing them with stuff like sunscreen.

A Kojima rope of Tahitian keshi and pearls, arranged in a subtle graduation of color. Worn with the Kojima Tahitian Bubbles, and earrings I made.
    Name:  FEA1FD21-67E7-4ED7-AE7A-4C0AB6705582.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  128.9 KB

Name:  E11396CE-F87D-40CD-B604-E44E4B879161.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  FBBE5A91-99EC-4335-868B-0519476584E1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  44.4 KB

That’s wierd, my response to Jeg ended up over her post.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Jeg, that rope is truly lovely - is it new? I don’t recall seeing it before.
    Pearlie Sue, I often wear my pearls with chains, with no apparent damage. I suppose it might not be good for them long-term, but I’ve not had any immediate issues.
    Today’s pearls:
    Name:  C94B4534-ADD4-4B3E-B295-5F2466C4EB73.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  66.5 KB

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Thank you for the blue akoya love everyone! Blueberries indeed Lisa c! They truly are a special color, you need them SydK! I have bought a bigger strand of ice blue one some years ago, they were lovely but...silverly blue as opposed to...blueberries... And I thought the size was too big for me to wear casually so I made two gemstone ropes with them, one with garnet and another with amethyst rondelles for a friend. But I definitely need bigger blue akoyas for when I grow up :-) Oh and looking at the picture now I need to restring that one necklace too...

In other news I love your Kojima rope Jeg! And the Bubbles of course...

SydK your Tahitians and the pendant are fabulous! The size! The colors! And the setting of the pendant! Perfect combination! And the summer pic...

Pearliesue I do combine my pearls very very often with chains and other gemstones and I havent noticed any problems. I try to remember to gently wipe my pearls after use and they are fine.Name:  98BC99A0-7A91-439F-BAD0-A2AC41AE56E1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  134.8 KB
    Last edited by eolian pearls; 02-22-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pareltje's Avatar

I'm enjoying every single pearl baby of yours, ladies. Each one of them is special.

SydK, those tahitians looks lovely on you.
    Eolian pearls, beautiful akoyas, the bigger one looks great with the garnets.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

RED! I remember lurking over your shoulder, watching you move those gorgeous pearls around ... still stunned by their beauty. LOVE that bright pop of scarf color, especially in this dreary GREY weather. Hope to see you by the ocean sunshine somewhere this year

Eolian, what bright and pretty blueberries

I agree with Pareltje; every single post, every single pearl posted here is special, as are all the pearl friends! Thank you all for brightening our days.

And ... somedays I stare at Jeg's pearls. Some days I stare at Jeg's clothes. Some days I stare at both ... lost in wonder. Those are the days nothing else gets done LOL. Special Thanks to Jeg for all the effort and joy in the posts!

Walter and are are shaking off the remnants of vaccine #2 dose, and so hoping we can play pearls later this year Stay safe and well, all.
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

New to the forum

Hi everyone - I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. I love my pearls and it's so nice to see what everyone else is wearing. I'm loving the blue akoyas and gold south sea.. Going straight to the top of my wish list... with everything else... so gorgeous! =)

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Welcome mskuj! And share some photos of you pearls and how you wear them
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno