Page 1013 of 1032 FirstFirst ... 135139139631003101110121013101410151023 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 15480
    Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Yes, very "Corteish" indeed! Many of the lighter colored Tahitians and lightly colored Cortez look very much the same, but then you have the SIZE (Tahitians win always) and the "erotochromatic" pearls...when you have those intense deep chroma colors on Tahitians, Cortez, Kamoka or Fiji...they each have their distinctive overtones, unlike the others but they also overlap in the less intense colors.
    I remember Josh and I talking -years ago- about making a set of pieces of Cortez-&-Kamoka (or Kamoka-&-Cortez) pearls, but we never got that started. Wishe we had.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Thank you Charlotta, Lilpearl and Lisa C! Lisa C, you always make me smile :-)

Thank you for your input Douglas, you confirm what I was suspecting, only the lighter Ts may resemble the (lighter colored) Cortez pearls, the intense colored “erotochromatic” Cortez are truly unique. And now you have me dreaming about a Kamoka&Cortez/ Cortez&Kamoka necklace...

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

All these are wonderful. I'm wearing pearls, just not taking any photos. But I'm drooling over everyone else's!

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

jeg - beautiful pearls as always and you have such flair for styling your jewellery!

lilpearl - lovely golden pearls, you are taking your sunshine wherever you go!!

eolian- The lustre on all is wonderful - but the colour on the pendant .. ooh la la

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Thank you Katbran!

Here is my special pearl day (20.1.21) look. Circled Ts rope& bracelet and one of my favorite earrings from Margaret of Simply Adorned.
    Name:  B85694E7-0CC9-4CFA-933D-93A6DA43D5F2.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  111.7 KB
    Name:  85B375B9-24E8-4340-901F-8A25AC3AB7C2.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  88.2 KB

Default Help me choose

Name:  20190415_100257.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  Resized_20191122_205240_820.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  130.3 KB

I could not for the life of me figure out how to create my own post, but hopefully people will see this. I need help choosing between two pearl necklaces! I'm getting a strand of freshadama pearls and I have the choice between a rose overtone and a silver overtone. For a fair skinned (pink undertones) redhead, does anyone have any opinions? I included some not-great photos of myself- but at least one includes my antique pearl earrings! Below are my two necklaces options. Unfortunately it's a custom length, so I can't get both and keep my favorite.

Name:  IMG_6091.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  53.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6089.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  60.9 KB

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Hello PearlieSue, and welcome to our forum
    The reason why you could not post is that you are a new member and the first postings must undergo scrutiny for Spam. We take Spam -and any other kind of canned meats- seriously here.
    But you have been approved for your first post and you must wait until I approve a couple more until they show up instantly, my apologies for this but it is done for the sake of having a safe & clean from spam forum

The strands you have shown us are genuinely nice, quite some chutzpah in them BTW. I would stick to the silvery ones since your skin-tone will work better on them in my opinion.
    But I am sure we have more forum members ready to give you a piece of their experience on the subject.
    Again...welcome aboard.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

To be honest, buy both, try them on and send back the ones that don't sing to you.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Eolian pearls, that rope is gorgeous. I know that I keep saying that but it's true. The colors are so pretty.
    Pearlie Sue, I would also choose the strand with the silvery overtones. Since you cannot try them both that would be my safest bet. I hope that you will love your new strand and welcome to the forum.

Oh okay, that makes sense! Thank you for keeping the forum safe, and thank you for the advice! I'm leaning towards the silvery one too. I can feel myself falling down the pearl rabbit hole, and I imagine eventually I'll end up with plenty of fancy colored pearls, and pink seems a very common color. It will be good to have one true white strand.

Oh, I wish! But it's a custom stand, so it can't be returned. I'm a teeny bit nervous about that, but almost everyone seems really, really happy with their freshadama pearls, and since 99% of the pearls I've ever owned were low quality freshwater pearls, I'm bound to be impressed!

I think I'm leaning towards them. I think the pink ones might be a bit too close to my skintone. And I was so sure I wanted pink, too, until I saw them together!

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Wow, those silvers pop! I think theyíll glow on your skin.

Also, Iím really glad you werenít asking us to choose between your earrings and your Boo. Heís got a super smile, and I really hate to leave pearls on the table.....

may I?
    Name:  ED2C8F99-FC6B-4897-A71C-37C71678D175.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  115.6 KB
    Last edited by lisa c; 01-23-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Eolian, super look! Iím more and more convinced that long is the way to go.

Iím wearing some Tahitians from a while ago Druzy designs, not strung yet because theyíve either got to go longer or become bracelets. Iím not having fun with them because I canít see them at this length.

Well, I have fun handling and looking at them, but I want to wear them.
    Name:  2A724F5A-357A-4E40-90C3-F3AAD23353CE.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  152.3 KB

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Lisa, those Tahitians would make a great bracelet. Sounds like a great winter project now that we are all stuck at home.
    What kind of clasp would you use? Or would you make a stretch bracelet?