Page 961 of 961 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961
Results 14,401 to 14,404 of 14404
    Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Thank you Ann G, Jeg, Bweaves and 86Corvettegirl, they really are great earrings. I really like the setting on them. Reminds me of the earrings Queen Elisabeth always wears except for no diamonds and no natural pearls. I accually prefers my pearls. Looked through a swedish book about old jewelry the other day. Not a very good book, but at least one small chapter on pearls. Apparantly there were swedish river pearls at some point, fishing those was forbidden in the 1930:s. The book thought one should invest in natural pearls (old stock of course). She showed some strands of very ugly worn barrelshaped pearls. Because they had been worn much. I am sure queen Elisabeths pearls are in better shape. I for one is quite happy with my cultured pearls. No need for some barrelshaped river pearls with no luster. Also since my earrings are south sea pearls, according to the writer very, very rare. Haha. She also said that cultured pearls have better luster and orient then natural pearls. I haven't ever even seen natural pearls so I don't know if that’s true. Is it? Here I am pondering pearls really early because the water pump broke last night just after the shops closed. Not-husband had to leave really early so he could be there when they opened, less people then. At least I can get water from our old dug well in a bucket if need be. We should have drilled for a new well this spring but that has been delayed because of the pandemic. We have an old Iron stove that we can use with wood should the electricity falter as well, but it smokes terribly. Not-husbands mother died before revealing the secret for the stove, we think thrit has something to do with a cold chimney. Anyway...
    Pretty strands Jeg, how does the early edisons compare with those today?
    That fireball pendant it gorgeous SydK, I am on the lookout for one that looks like a ghost but haven't found the right one yet.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

There are natural pearls and then there are GOOD, expensive natural pearls. There are cultured pearls that are dull and then there are Hanadamas, which are super shiny. Cultured pearls can be worn down to a barrel shape, too. It just depends on how much they are worn.

SydK: Nice fireball!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Exactly Bweaves, it was such a wierd thing for a writer to write. Don't they need to check their facts?

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Catching up again...And really guys, how can we stay on ban island with such new beauties popping up here? You all look fabulous, and tempting. Forget an escape boat, it looks like there must be an island bridge to PearlMainland nearby.
    Last edited by lisa c; Today at 05:28 PM. Reason: Oops sorry, way too soon to ask about 86C!