Page 750 of 784 FirstFirst ... 250650700740748749750751752760 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 11749
    Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

BW, if you don't mind me asking. what are the mm size of the two necklaces?

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Your weaving is just beautiful Bweaves. Lovely combination with the ripples, quiet luminous those. I still haven't worn my ripples, they are so big (13-15mm)...must wear them soon (but I look at them sometimes).

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    BW, if you don't mind me asking. what are the mm size of the two necklaces?
    I'll have to go home and measure them.

UPDATE: I don't have calipers, so I'm trying to eyeball it with a ruler.

The Kojima strand (shorter, paler strand) is 13 mm for the center pearl, and only slightly smaller for the others.

The Pacific Pearls strand (longer strand) is 15 mm for the center pearl with 12 mm pearls next to it. But most pearls are in the 12-13 mm range.

They're all baroque, so it's a little hard to get a precise measurement. They're way bigger than I thought I would ever like. And then PSS set in.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 02-12-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

I barely got dressed today after spending the morning shoveling snow. Weíve had four different snowstorms blow through and itís snowing again right now. I have never seen so much snow here in my life!

Wearing another wool sweater and my baroque Akoya strand from Kojima, doubled. Itís really not that cold, just enough to snow, but typical temperature this time of year is in the 50ís.
    Name:  B99AC0AD-331B-4DF0-AAEC-52745F66DBD5.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  83.6 KB

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

I redid my self made harvest strand it add in pearls from my PP harvest bracelet today. I took out the large white edisons that I wasn’t thrilled with (bad pairing with SSP to my eye) and used keshis from the bracelet.

Before
    Name:  E7183234-08D5-4250-9AA7-283B5B276B48.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  70.7 KB

After
    Name:  C990FB56-454E-4169-8368-0F29A6394B23.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  99.3 KB

JEG, you truly are a Flower Fairie! I love that sweater and the pearls.

aerinha, your harvest rope looks lovely.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 02-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Jeg - I love your baroque akoyas. Their luster is quite luminous. Your sweater is beautiful too and shows off the pearls just beautifully.

86CG- cant't wait to see pics of your new baroque akoyas!! Did you get them from PP?

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I'll have to go home and measure them.

UPDATE: I don't have calipers, so I'm trying to eyeball it with a ruler.

The Kojima strand (shorter, paler strand) is 13 mm for the center pearl, and only slightly smaller for the others.

The Pacific Pearls strand (longer strand) is 15 mm for the center pearl with 12 mm pearls next to it. But most pearls are in the 12-13 mm range.

They're all baroque, so it's a little hard to get a precise measurement. They're way bigger than I thought I would ever like. And then PSS set in.
    They're beautiful, especially worn together. I like the size; are they comfortable to wear? I've been looking at the Kasumi ripples in those sizes. Thank you for the measurements.
    Last edited by 86Corvettegirl; 02-12-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Jeg, I love your sweater & your baroque Akoyas!! How long is it? It just glistens & glows! Your sweater looks comfy. You really are the Pearl Flower Fairie!!

Aerinha, I think your custom harvest strand is spectacular!! How long is it now? So many styling possibilities with it!! You did a wonderful job. Are you going to add a clasp to the bracelet or make it into a stretch bracelet?

Bcm21mk, I can't wait to wear it!! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday so I may wear them then. (if I can wait that long) Yes, I got them from PP.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

86C I Added all but 2 pearls from the bracelet to the rope, taking out the 4 edisons so it is roughly the same length as before, will have to measure it.

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

(Bcm21mk, I can't wait to wear it!! I have a wedding to attend this Saturday so I may wear them then. (if I can wait that long) Yes, I got them from PP.)

86C-
    I too purchased the 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas from PP private launch! I regretted missing out the first time they were offered. They're due to arrive on Valentine's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcm21mk View Post
    86C-
    I too purchased the 9.5-10 mm baroque akoyas from PP private launch! I regretted missing out the first time they were offered. They're due to arrive on Valentine's Day.
    Awesome!!! Can't wait to see yours as well. I regretted missing out on them the first time, too.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Thank you, BWeaves, Bcm21mk and 86C! 86C, the Akoya rope is 48”.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Charlotta's Avatar

Great restringing aerinha. If somethings bother you in a necklace it's best to remake it, I find.
    Beautiful akoyas Jeg, the sweater is lovely to.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    They're beautiful, especially worn together. I like the size; are they comfortable to wear? I've been looking at the Kasumi ripples in those sizes. Thank you for the measurements.
    At first I found them very heavy, and then I got used to them. I still think they're heavy, but now it doesn't bother me.

The main thing about ripples is that each pearl is very unique. I have bought and returned several strands before I finally found ones I liked. I've tried on both Kasumi pearls and Chinese ripples, and the quality of both types is all over the place. I've received and returned strands where I only liked one or two pearls in the entire strand. I've tried on very expensive necklaces where the colors just didn't suit me. Also, the pearls look very different under different lighting. In my bedroom, the Kojima strand looks completely pale peach, but out in the sunlight, the greens and purples come out to play.