Page 699 of 699 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699
Results 10,471 to 10,480 of 10480
    Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

And That is one fabulous pearl, IHEART! Way to go!

BWeaves, ever since seeing your Blues pop against the olive (?) linen tunic top, I've been torn. I love perfect matching and great colors as opposed to neutrals, but that photo seriously challenged my beliefs. With regard to thread color though, unless it's a fashion statement itself, maybe it should just be the platform, letting the pearls glow without visual competition.

I'm only thinking out loud, though, and I'm eager to read other opinions.
    Last edited by lisa c; Yesterday at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    I love the simplicity of this. What size is that beautiful pearl
    This beauty is a AAA 11.2 x 11.8 mm . So obsess with pearls especially Tahitians.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa c View Post
    And That is one fabulous pearl, IHEART! Way to go!

BWeaves, ever since seeing your Blues pop against the olive (?) linen tunic top, I've been torn. I love perfect matching and great colors as opposed to neutrals, but that photo seriously challenged my beliefs. With regard to thread color though, unless it's a fashion statement itself, maybe it should just be the platform, letting the pearls glow without visual competition.

I'm only thinking out loud, though, and I'm eager to read other opinions.
    Thanks lisa c

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Yesterday, Kasumi pendant and earrings from Kojima and my TNT necklace from Ocean's Cove. Dress from Ann G Linen.

Attachment 63302

Today, Kojima blue drop earrings. Pearls of Joy 20" blue baroque akoyas. Deep blue baroque akoya rope from PP. And The Swan.

Attachment 63303

Unfortunately, the BBA rope broke while I was wearing it today. The knot that was glued snapped. I never glue my knots. I personally feel the glue actually makes the knots weaker. I back knot instead. But anyway. It gives me a chance to restring. Currently, the pearls are strung on a medium grey thread, but I think they need more colorful knots.

Attachment 63304

What do you think? Sky matches the blues exactly. So it's the safe option. I think I used sky on my other BBA necklaces. But I'm leaning towards aqua, or maybe mint. Probably aqua. Let's vote!
    I love all of these options...Since you're in a warm climate, I'd go for the aqua. Add a little bit of green tone to make the blues pop; mint might be too much green. this may come down to trying each option to see which looks best!
    Etsy shop: OceansCove
    Instagram: OceansCove
    IGTV: Ocean's Cove Jewelry
    Amazon Handmade: Ocean's Cove
    Pinterest: OceansCove

Traveling Pearl Senior Guide Member jeg's Avatar

I think they would all be nice options, too. I would choose sky for myself, but my clothes tend to be more busy, so a colorful thread might make neutral colored pearls not as neutral with my clothes. It looks like you wear a lot of solid colors, so you might like the added color. Maybe if you knotted three or four pearls in the different colors, you would have a personal preference.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Thanks for all your votes. I know Sky will work, so I'm tempted to start knotting with Aqua, just to see what it looks like. If I don't like it, I can start over with Sky. My gut feeling is Mint is maybe too green. I used Mint to string my pistachio akoyas.

Today, I overdosed on pearls. Kojima Everything Bagel rope, long mixed tin-cup, and Tahitian keshi tin cup, worn with Mom's SS pearl drop earrings, and my SOC ring. Handwoven pleated shawl in silk and merino wool.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_975.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  196.5 KB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_972.jpg
Size:  72.3 KB

Tomorrow we celebrate Diwali at work. Sari time!!! I'm loading up on white pearls, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Thanks for all your votes. I know Sky will work, so I'm tempted to start knotting with Aqua, just to see what it looks like. If I don't like it, I can start over with Sky. My gut feeling is Mint is maybe too green. I used Mint to string my pistachio akoyas.

Today, I overdosed on pearls. Kojima Everything Bagel rope, long mixed tin-cup, and Tahitian keshi tin cup, worn with Mom's SS pearl drop earrings, and my SOC ring. Handwoven pleated shawl in silk and merino wool.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_975.jpg
Size:  196.5 KB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_972.jpg
Size:  72.3 KB

Tomorrow we celebrate Diwali at work. Sari time!!! I'm loading up on white pearls, too.
    Gorgeous pearl I love the color , pretty ring

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Looking great, BW. I love your mixed tin cup & keshi tin cup. And your ring is mesmerizing! Can't wait to see what you choose to wear for Diwali! Do you have a new Sari to wear?

Traveling Pearl Senior Guide Member jeg's Avatar

Mmmm, yum! I love the color and texture of that shawl. Looks so nice with the gold linen.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

I actually do have a new slinky silk sari, but I'm going to wear the one I wore last year because it's going to be cold tomorrow 60F!!! The one I'm going to wear is hand dyed ikat and handwoven tussah silk. It's not slinky, but has some body to the fabric, so it should be warmer. Yesterday it was almost 90F. The temperature really dropped today. And I'm layering on the pearls, because they keep my neck warm. Stay tuned for photos. I'm going full princess.
    Last edited by BWeaves; Today at 03:01 AM.