Page 960 of 982 FirstFirst ... 460860910950958959960961962970 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 14723
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

BWeaves, your pendants turned earring jackets are lovely and look great together!!

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Wearing my newest SS rope from Kojima, with earrings from Hawaii. Earrings are made of tiny cascading pearls with peridot and pink chalcedony. There are a couple pearls on the white rope that have silver blue banding.
    Name:  F49D35C4-5AC0-4902-9C73-082B61737A7C.jpeg
Views: 202
Size:  117.0 KB

Name:  E2E9E861-9D7C-4AF6-82BD-1D7C2A335C8E.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  36.9 KB

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

86Corvettegirl, I hope that the surgery goes well and that you recover fast.
    That greenish golden pendant is beautiful Jeg. So special. And your new white south sea rope is stunning as well, personally I really like when there are some other colors present even in a one colored strand. Gives the pearls an edge and there is something to look at. Just gorgeous.
    Bweaves, Winter snowman is so cute, and has amazing luster. Summer rainbow and Winter snowman are great as a mismatched pair. I think that La Perlagrina would look great with Winter snowman as well, but I guess it has the wrong bail for that. Winter snowman looks a bit like the white south sea pearl in my mismatched south sea earrings from Pearlescence.
    Name:  _20200802_132439.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  45.8 KB
    I love those earrings. Maybe I should should call them Snowdrops and Daffodils. Both favorite spring flowes of mine.
    Last edited by Charlotta; 08-04-2020 at 06:33 AM.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. There's so much to catch up on!
    SydK: I think drop shapes are my favourite now, too. You have a lovely variety of drop pendants. And your new fireball is very lustrous!
    Jeg: That Kojima golden SS pendant is a stunner. The white SS rope is lovely too. Pearls just look really good on you!
    BRM-UK: Those retro earrings are ladylike and have great presence.
    86Corvettegirl: Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope the surgeon gets a clear margin and that it heals up well.
    BWeaves: Your new pendants look great as earrings too. Isn't multipurpose jewellery the best?
    Charlotta: Good name idea! Yes, maybe Winter Snowman is a long-lost cousin to your Snowdrop...

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Thanks everyone!

JEG: I really love your new SS rope. I still wonder if I should have bought it. Haha. Love the earrings, too.

Charlotta: OOO, I love Snowdrops and Daffodils. Perfect names. And Snowdrop is a nice twin to my Snowman.

Thanks so much Charlotta, AnnG and BWeaves!

Your snowdrop and daffodil are a really pretty pair, Charlotta!

Haha BWeaves, I think you’re in pendant mode right now because of your weather.

Wearing an early champagne Edison strand from Pkinnew’s collection, originally from PP, with a metallic pink freshadama strand from PP. I made the earrings with freshwater pearls.
    Name:  8A79CB02-B8AB-481F-A7E4-288869F36D7F.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  148.5 KB

Name:  EC2F4BEF-9868-4FA7-8A05-33F4CDB9FE11.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  43.7 KB

First-graft Pearl

So many lovely pearls ladies! Love all your pendants and special mention to Jegís new ropes and earrings! Sending well wishes 86Cís way...

Thanks so much eolian! I hope you’re still enjoying that pretty pink bracelet!

The luster on your white SS is just so lovely, Jeg and Bweaves. I know I donít have the kind of lifestyle in which big white pearls would be likely to be in high rotation, but gosh I like the silvery sheen of white SS.
    86C, fingers crossed for the very best possible outcome for you!
    Jeg, canít wait to see your pendant from Katbran - what a beauty.
    Fireball for me today - not the new one I posted yesterday, but an older favourite with a pointy tail.
    Name:  64C13C85-E71A-484E-BF6E-D900DE72C01E.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  91.6 KB

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Thank you all for the positive & healing vibes! I got my nails done & had a great pedicure. I'm all set!

Jeg, I love your WSS rope & the chalcedony earrings are so cute & summery! You symphony in pink looks wonderful on you! I just love how you mix your pearls to create so many looks!

Charlotta, I love the names Snowdrop & Daffodil for your SS earrings! Perfect & well suited for such a beautiful pair of earrings!

SydK, you're fireball is awesome! They have so much personality, don't they?

Thanks so much, SydK and 86C! SydK, that’s a great fireball pendant! So pretty.

86C, I hope you have some pearls picked out for tomorrow to go with your nails. You’ll be on my mind. Take good care.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Jeg, I'm going to be wearing Kanaloa. He's fierce & will look after me!

86C, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Check in when you can.

SydK, those are pretty greenish-gold pearls on your ďif I liked gold pearlsĒ list.

jeg, gorgeous colors in your new pendant.

BWeaves, is that a reflection of the light or are there two little bumps on Winter Snowman. Maybe itís a winter snowgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Corvettegirl View Post
    Jeg, I'm going to be wearing Kanaloa. He's fierce & will look after me!
    Oh yes, thumbs up to your pearl guardian!

Thank you, ParrotLady!

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Thank you Ann G, Jeg, Bweaves and 86Corvettegirl, they really are great earrings. I really like the setting on them. Reminds me of the earrings Queen Elisabeth always wears except for no diamonds and no natural pearls. I accually prefers my pearls. Looked through a swedish book about old jewelry the other day. Not a very good book, but at least one small chapter on pearls. Apparantly there were swedish river pearls at some point, fishing those was forbidden in the 1930:s. The book thought one should invest in natural pearls (old stock of course). She showed some strands of very ugly worn barrelshaped pearls. Because they had been worn much. I am sure queen Elisabeths pearls are in better shape. I for one is quite happy with my cultured pearls. No need for some barrelshaped river pearls with no luster. Also since my earrings are south sea pearls, according to the writer very, very rare. Haha. She also said that cultured pearls have better luster and orient then natural pearls. I haven't ever even seen natural pearls so I don't know if that’s true. Is it? Here I am pondering pearls really early because the water pump broke last night just after the shops closed. Not-husband had to leave really early so he could be there when they opened, less people then. At least I can get water from our old dug well in a bucket if need be. We should have drilled for a new well this spring but that has been delayed because of the pandemic. We have an old Iron stove that we can use with wood should the electricity falter as well, but it smokes terribly. Not-husbands mother died before revealing the secret for the stove, we think thrit has something to do with a cold chimney. Anyway...
    Pretty strands Jeg, how does the early edisons compare with those today?
    That fireball pendant it gorgeous SydK, I am on the lookout for one that looks like a ghost but haven't found the right one yet.