Page 958 of 981 FirstFirst ... 458858908948956957958959960968 ... LastLast
Results 14,356 to 14,370 of 14710
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

SydK: I love your pendants! OF COURSE!!! Those two necklaces look great together. The ombre' with the gemstones and pearls is especially interesting.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Syd - That middle pearl has such a great shape !! And ... of course... gorgeous colour ! Love all the pendants .
    BWeaves - I know you said they are heavy but the purple pearls look wonderful !! Looking forward to the 'Snowman' ! I love the interesting shapes of WSS baroque.
    AnnG - The Keshi look so cute with that bright pink thread ! And the Kasumi is beautiful !
    jeg- Such interesting colours on those Tahitians ! They remind me of some of the muted earthy shades of some of the FIJI strands.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Thanks so much BWeaves, Bernadette, Charlotta and Katbran. Katbran, I was thinking the same thing when I was trying to take some pics of the rope. There are some colors that are similar to one of my Fiji ropes. Good to see you, Gemgeek!

Love all the sister pendants BWeaves and SydK! The shapes and colors are so great. Maybe there’s a winter snowdrop in your future, SydK??

Wearing a large Kojima golden SS pendant. I made the earrings from Myanmar golden SS pearls and gemstones, and the bracelet from small golden SS.
    Name:  33F54293-74E3-4498-9DFD-0AB95DE900A2.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  3DC2D5C3-8C78-4209-8218-86D0A16C3504.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  34.1 KB

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert 86Corvettegirl's Avatar

Oh, my!!! So many pearl lovelies!!! It's hard to keep up!

Ann G, your Kasumi pendant is beautiful & looks great on your Tahitian Keshi necklace!

Jeg, your Tahitian strand looks wonderful doubles with your Kojima pendant! Love the light & airy golden look. I really should get me a GSS bracelet. Then I could stack it with my 2 WSS bracelets. Stunning gemstone & GSS earrings, too!

BW, Summer Rainbow look awesome as an earring drop. You're so fortunate to have so many diamond huggies to work with!

SydK, all your pendants look so pretty & I like the shape of your new one; so different! You look fantastic in your T's today!

Thanks all. And now JEG makes me want golden SS pearls. Sigh.

I've been bad. I just bought a 3rd pendant from Kojima. A large flat freshie with ripples. I'm just so curious to see it in person. By the time I'm done buying pendants, I could have had a full necklace, but I'll get a lot of use out of the pendants, I think.

Today is Summer Rainbow's first official wearing on a gold knit choker. Worn with Kojima freshwater keshi earrings and ombre' keshi rope. The earrings are very peach and purple and green. The rope goes from white to peach to pinks, to purple and green. The colors are not showing up. Bad lighting.

Name:  2FFE6F99-8E4D-45D3-80F5-F1B52D83D10E_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  164.0 KB

BW, you look stunning in your Keshi rope & earring to accent Summer Rainbow! I really like her on the woven gold choker...an elegant took! Well...now we have 2 pendants to see! I came off Ban Island to get Sara to make me a Kojima Pearl Chain. I think I will use it a lot with my pendants & enhancers!

New to the forum

Hi, first time posting here! Can I ask your advice please? I have these, they're marked with what looks like the Mikimoto 'M' and SILVER as in the pic, what are your thoughts? Are they authentic? What kind of age could they be? Name:  IMG_20200801_013453.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  87.1 KBName:  IMG_20200801_011740.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  54.7 KBMany thanks, Barny :-)

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Gorgeous golden south sea pearls Jeg,
    Bweaves, you kind of need golden south sea pearls. They have the most glorious colors in them. When I first started looking for a strand I worried that they wouldn't look good with my complexion since I am rather pale, hm haven't thought about that for a long time (except for peach and pink freshwaters). You could start with a mixed strand, then any complexion clashing shades woun't matter. I was going to make a mixed circled south sea strand but I sort of made that ombre instead...and a rope...and two bracelets. One day I will make a mixed south sea strand. Where was I, yes...summer rainbow looks great with the ombre keshi rope.

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Welcome, BRM-UK. Hopefully someone who knows more about Mikimoto will be along to reply soon.

Very pretty earrings BRM-UK.

Traveling Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jeg's Avatar

Thanks 86C, BWeaves and Charlotta!

BWeaves, I’m thinking you could start with a golden SS pendant. Then you can pick a color and shape that appeals to you and color wouldn’t matter as much because you can wear it longer over your clothes and not right against your skin. Hmmm, I see an Autumn Sunrise in your future...

Looking forward to seeing your new pearl chain, 86C! They are very versatile.

Welcome BRM-UK!

Yes Jeg, Bweaves should have an Autumn sunrise. Maybe even a Spring daffodil, that could be the golden south sea pendant.

Pretty earrings, BRM-UK. Are they clip on earrings? It looks very much like styles popular in the late 50's through the 60's. I'm no expert on Mikimoto but he did make earrings & brooches in Silver during that era.

BRM-UK. I was thinking those earrings looked like 40's, 50's or early 60's Mikimoto. The pearls look good, and Mikimoto tended to set them in silver back then. They have a bit of retro flair.

Charlotta and JEG: I'm think that my 3rd pendant might be Spring Petal, so I'll have to start looking for an Autumn Gold Leaf. I'm rather drawn to the greenish gold SS pearls. I have a few golden SS pearls in some of my Kojima ropes with mixed pearls already. I don't have anything JUST gold pearls though.

New to the forum

Hi Pearl Dreams, Charlotta, jeg, 86 Corvettegirl and BWeaves! Thank you for the welcome! I got back from work this evening and gave them a gentle(ish) clean, specifically the silver (an Oral-B may have been involved!) Then spent an hour and a half trying to get a photo or two with my old DSLR, and then work out a way to get the pictures from the memory card onto my phone.. I even rubbed them together and everything, but to no avail, so I ended up with an LED work light and phone camera.

86 Corvettegirl & BWeaves, They are clip-on/screw on, they were a bit bent but I've straightened them out a bit. Thank you both for the info on the period, it's interesting to find out Mikimoto made this sort of style around then. Here are some slightly better pics of some less grubby earrings, before they head off to the recipient 🙂

Thanks again, Barny

Name:  IMG_20200803_002452.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  78.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200803_003017.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  56.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200803_001947.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  50.6 KB