Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thanks for your interest. Pattye, my next project is these. I bought on ebay several years ago mainly because of the pearl and 14k gold clasp and the length (14 in.). Near round, 8mm, Akoyas with a decent luster and not many surface blemishes (to the eye they look round and clean). I wear them all the time.Name:  PEARL WITH CLASP.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  99.6 KB

Then I will rework some of these pearls from 2 matching strands I wore one day at the Pearl Ruckus in July. Both were given to me by a friend who once worked for a vintage jewelry store in San Clemente, CA. Small dyed FW baroques with lots of "birth marks" but the iridescence is lovely (doesn't show up so well in this photo) and presents many opportunites for creative strand-making. Will return with photos of the finished strand(s) in the future.Name:  Dyed freshwaters.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  131.1 KB

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Update on sourcing thread: Beader's Secret is now available from PG member Bernadette's Etsy shop in Australia.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadersSecret
    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 02-22-2019 at 05:06 PM. Reason: edited to include location

New to the forum

Thanks Pearl Dreams for your wonderful tutorial post. After reading 21 pages of discussion I have learnt so many tips and found out so many ways to improve my knotting. I have just ordered from Bernadette's website and the bonus was that she is in Australia! I have also ordered a Thread Zapper so can't wait for all the new gears and start re-stringing! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Update on sourcing thread: Beader's Secret is now available from PG member Bernadette's Etsy shop.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadersSecret

I'm glad you're fining it useful, coffeycat! Welcome to the forum! I hope you will post photos of the pearls you string.

JerseyPearl had a great tip for how she dealt with stringing tiny pearls-- by using only 2 of the 3 plies of #40 Beader's Secret. Here is her post:

https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sh...l=1#post217056

We can all learn so much from one another's experiences. I for one appreciate every tip. Keep them coming, folks!

I finally restrung one of those necklaces pictured in post #301. I found a string of amethyst gemstone beads at the College of the Desert street fair in January and used Beader's Secret Grape to create a 50 inch rope. I love it and wear it all the time.
    Name:  New necklace.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  43.5 KB

New to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    I'm glad you're fining it useful, coffeycat! Welcome to the forum! I hope you will post photos of the pearls you string.
    Thanks, Pearl Dreams. I just received my Beaders Secret thread today from Bernadette. Although I am still waiting for the Thread Zapper, can’t wait applying what I have learnt so I re-stringed my Gem Grade FP bracelet from Pearl of Joy. The knots are so neat now!

Name:  6300338E-EB7D-48DE-91CD-173F1DA94705.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  122.7 KB

That looks wonderful!

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Coffeycat, excellent stringing work, pretty pearls!

Janet, your blue/purple amethyst rope is lovely; bet it's a "wow" in person! Don't we all love purple??!! The Akoya strand is a great size; special clasp with the 3 pearls! If you posted photos of it elsewhere, I may have missed them.

Jersey Pearl, what a great tip on splitting the thread! Thankfully, I haven't had to do that yet! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

New to the forum

Thanks, Pattye! I love these freshwater pearls. I changed the clasp from the original white gold to yellow gold, thought it fits the tone of the pearls better.