Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Thank you PearlMan
    I got a brand new Canon EOS last february, but had waited to splurge on the Macro lens...will be coming this week, then it's the matter of learning how to take the photos. I think I've been spoiled by the easiness of the smartphone camera system, but no matter what top-o'-the-line phone you own...a real camera's lens cannot be beat. Or so I figure
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

what canon do you have, my macro lens is for canon mount, if you are interested, I can let it go as I plan to buy new camera, but different mount.
    send pm if you want.
    Yes, phones are not cameras, I made picture attempt, using my avatar clasp.
    Phone is impresionism, camera is hyperrealism

Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parfaitelumiere View Post
    what canon do you have, my macro lens is for canon mount, if you are interested, I can let it go as I plan to buy new camera, but different mount.
    send pm if you want.
    I desperately need a canon macro lens!

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parfaitelumiere View Post
    send pm if you want.
    Great way to explain the difference
    I purchased a low entry level Canon Rebel EOS T100. It works fine for my needs...but it just feels clunky and huge next to my smartphone.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

I candled a couple of pearls. Naturals of course!
    Interesting details...
    Name:  Conch Pearl Backlight (1).jpg
Views: 29
Size:  25.1 KB
    This one is one of my small pink conch pearls from the Caribbean's "Queen Conch" or Lobatus gigas (yes, they changed the genus name recently, from Strombus...in 10 more years someone will decide it was best to change it back).
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

This other one is a white Mexican Black lip pearl -Pinctada mazatlanica- and the pearl had several "globular" pearly bodies that attached...it was probably several different pearls that ende up fusing together as the pearls grew.Name:  Natural Pinctada pearl backlight (3).jpg
Views: 28
Size:  36.3 KB
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno