Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default recommendations of suppliers

Hello all,

New to this site, but already hooked on pearls! Trying to find some quality akoya keshi pearls/Kasumi /kasumi-like/stacked keshi/excellent drop freshwater pearls. Could you help in recommending some reputable suppliers?

I am not looking for ready-made jewellery, but supplies for making them, as I make my own as a hobby. I live in the UK, so buy all my supplies online, so far Etsy has been the main source. Not a lot available there in really good quality pearls, hence my question.

Hope you can help.

Thank you,

Catrinel

Pearlista Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

I would also recommend that you contact Wendy in the UK - send an IM to Pearlescence.

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Alex's Avatar
    Alex

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Hello, yljewelrys/Johnny! I just visited your site. It's interesting. I didn't find any remarks about a return policy, and I didn't see any remarks in the description of your pearls regarding whether or not they're dyed.

When someone orders from your store and blemishes are listed as a feature of the pearl, does the buyer get to specify what blemishes will be refused? Suppose I say a few little dimples are ok, but not banding or circling? Or suppose I say only blemish free-surfaces?

What if the buyer says I want a full 16"?

What if the buyer says I don't want you to sell my email address?
    Thank you, not being mean, these are questions I think are important.
    Last edited by lisa c; 04-19-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yljewelrys View Post
    If you mean drop freshwater pearls, maybe we can help!
    ... and Johnny

Please remove our pictures from this part of your Website.

http://www.yljewelrys.com/en/content...s#.T5BcZLPWZ-I

It would also be a good idea to credit Pearl-Guide.com for this page:

http://www.yljewelrys.com/en/content...s#.T5BdMbPWZ-I

and this page:

http://www.yljewelrys.com/en/content...e#.T5Bdk7PWZ-I

etc...

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Uh oh, Nailed! Tut-tut! Time for the polar bear to put up the paw to cover his eyes. That Polar bear pic post was from Dave, right?
    Last edited by lisa c; 04-19-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Good Grief Jeremy, That was word for word! Some people have no morals at all!

J Shepherd,
    1, First, as I said before, I don't think we've used your picture. Furthermore, I don't think the model in our picture is so-called your sister's friend. Because the girl' pictures that you showed before can not be recogniezed as your sister's friend. It is just someone, just a girl, not can be defined as the model.

2, Please don't add our website's link to any website without our permission.

3, I confess that we quoted some articles of pearl-guide.com, but Pearl-guide is a public website and its major purpose is to popularize the pearl knowledge. So we don't think the site will prohibit its members to quote its articles.

Inactive Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Johnny,

It is clear, you stole the images from Pearl Paradise's website, put your own name on them, then have the audacity to accuse of Jeremy of lying?

I don't believe you, not even in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by yljewelrys View Post
    J Shepherd,
    1, First, as I said before, I don't think we've used your picture. Furthermore, I don't think the model in our picture is so-called your sister's friend. Because the girl' pictures that you showed before can not be recogniezed as your sister's friend. It is just someone, just a girl, not can be defined as the model.

2, Please don't add our website's link to any website without our permission.

3, I confess that we quoted some articles of pearl-guide.com, but Pearl-guide is a public website and its major purpose is to popularize the pearl knowledge. So we don't think the site will prohibit its members to quote its articles.
    Let me make sued I understand this correctly. Are you now accusing us of stealing the pictures from you?

http://web.archive.org/web/200406120...ngthguide.html

Please see the link above , Johnny. It's from a Website called Internet Archive. It shows those pictures on our Website in 2004 - eight years ok.

1. You clearly stole the pictures, and the fact that you are denying it instead of simply acknowledging it here and apologizing, and then accusing the founder of Pearl-guide.com of stealing your pictures ... Wow. If they aren't taken off your website this week, I am going to introduce you to something dozens of your predecessors have had the pleasure of dealing with. It's called a DMCA.

2. Nobody needs permission to link to your site. On the other hand, infringing on the Pearl Paradise and Pearl-guide.com copyright does need permission - permission you don't have.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Amrita's Avatar

Colourmad,

You might like some freshwater drops here:
    http://www.harmonypearls.com/categor...by-shape/drops

For anyone confused about Johnny's comment regarding the model, in an earlier thread that Johnny started and deleted, I posted a link to the picture of the model with my ex-employee. Here is the now undeleted thread.
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5573

And our pictures -
    http://www.pearlparadise.com/pearlnecklace.html

And our pictures used without our permission -
    http://www.yljewelrys.com/en/content...s#.T5FyVbNAaHh

Lastly, here is a link to the terms of use of Pearl-Guide.com -
    https://www.pearl-guide.com/policies...-conduct.shtml

The last part at the bottom pertains to you -
    Copyright Pearl-Guide.com
    The articles and information on this Web site are copyrighted materials of Pearl-Guide.com and its members. Any and all use including reproduction of the materials from this Web site is subject to the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, Title 17 U.S.C
    You might also want to familiarize yourself with DMCA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital..._Copyright_Act
    DMCA has been instrumental in removing countless copyright infringing Websites like yours.

JShepherd,
    1) I don't know how do you prove that the girls in the picture are the same one as the model. The girl in the picture are big mouth. But the model is a small-mouth girl.
    2) If I stole from your website, how do you explain that the "matinee style" pearl necklace picture that we have in our website, but not in your site?
    3) http://web.archive.org/web/200406120...ngthguide.html, this link I can see nothing, it just can not be opened.
    4) If you think you have enough evidence to win through DMCA, you just do it.
    5) If you can compromise, I can remove the watermark from the picture, but not the whole picture, because I don't think your evidence is enough.

Johnny,

1. It is easy to prove, because the pictures are identical.
    2. The link above that you can't seem to open, shows the picture of our matinee necklace in 2004. I will include them below.

Pearl Paradise's picture -
    Name:  Matinee pearl paradise.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  6.1 KB

The picture on your Website -
    Name:  matinee yljewelrys.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  22.1 KB

More from our current design -

From PearlParadise.com
    Name:  PP collar.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  36.0 KB

On your Website
    Name:  Stolen Collar.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  6.7 KB

From PearlParadise.com
    Name:  PP Choker.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  28.6 KB

On your Website
    Name:  Stolen Choker.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  5.9 KB

From PearlParadise.com
    Name:  PP Rope.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  39.5 KB

On your Website
    Name:  Stolen Rope.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  11.0 KB

Do I need to go on?

3. If you can't open this link, go to archive.org yourself and do the search. I will make it easier for you, though. The link is here.

4. Yes, I do have enough to move forward with a DMCA, I am just giving you the opportunity to save your Website first, as the DMCA will remove you from all search engine results. In other words, your Website will never be found again.

5. If you steal someone's suitcase and then put your name on it, do you own the suitcase and its contents? Would the owner of the suitcase and the contents be satisfied with that agreement.

This is the last time I am going to ask you to remove the stolen pictures. I am giving you permission to use the content on Pearl-Guide.com, but you MUST credit Pearl-Guide.com and link back to it from the pages with the copied content.

If you don't -

1. I will ban you from Pearl-Guide.com

2. Pearl-Guide.com and Pearl Paradise will file DMCA complaints against your Website with Bing and Google.

It's your call, Johnny.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

One word: DISGUSTING.