Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Search the forums for trusted sources and do your research on what to look for in fakes. This site is a wealth of knowledge.

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

When I see many mainland Chinese buying full bags of Tahitian and white and golden South Sea pearls I can hardly believe that they hardly sell these pearls as China is the biggest buyer. The price might be not so interesting as import taxes are high. Some Japanese wholesalers on the Hong Kong Fair sell most of their entire stock to China with lower margins than others do. The first day they keep the prices higher than the 2nd day, I noticed. Once the price per momme was interesting to the Chinese big bags with 1000 and more pearls were moving fast. They have a particular taste for only round, dark green. No fancy colors.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert JerseyPearl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cees View Post
    When I see many mainland Chinese buying full bags of Tahitian and white and golden South Sea pearls I can hardly believe that they hardly sell these pearls as China is the biggest buyer. The price might be not so interesting as import taxes are high. Some Japanese wholesalers on the Hong Kong Fair sell most of their entire stock to China with lower margins than others do. The first day they keep the prices higher than the 2nd day, I noticed. Once the price per momme was interesting to the Chinese big bags with 1000 and more pearls were moving fast. They have a particular taste for only round, dark green. No fancy colors.
    I wonder if they will continue to be large buyers, given the state of the financial markets this past week.