Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Natural Pearl Lover Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert MSC's Avatar

Thank you, SunSeeker!
    Check out my photos here
    Instagram: @ajs.joyful.images

Hi everyone after I wear my Tahitian strand I take a damp pearl cloth and I wipe them. But how to best clean between each pearls? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

When I restring is when I clean between the pearls, but not otherwise.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

Same here. Although, if I see some very obvious crud, I can usually remove it with my fingernail. My nails are much softer than the pearls, so they are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    When I restring is when I clean between the pearls, but not otherwise.
    Thanks!

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Hi, IHEARTPEARLS�� I take a damp washcloth over my thumbnail and rub between each pearl, rolling the pearl against the cloth, until I get too bored to do it anymore. It's kind of hit or miss but it keeps them from getting a buildup. Also, I tend to do it when I'm on the phone, or watching tv.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa c View Post
    Hi, IHEARTPEARLS�� I take a damp washcloth over my thumbnail and rub between each pearl, rolling the pearl against the cloth, until I get too bored to do it anymore. It's kind of hit or miss but it keeps them from getting a buildup. Also, I tend to do it when I'm on the phone, or watching tv.
    Thanks lisa c I clean them with a damp cloth every time I wear them . Will try this .

Nice information. Will take note of those tips

How do you talk on the phone while wearing studs? Do you have to hold the phone away from your ear?

Do any of you wear Magic Bax or Levears to solve droopy earrings? I have monster backs but they are not enough for heavier studs. Just wondering if it is bad for the gold posts. The solid gold ones are really expensive and I would think that solid gold is not necessary.

I never put a phone up to my ear. I put it on speaker phone and hold it like a walkie talkie. At work I have cushioned headset, but I try to position it above my earrings.

I bought a pack of gold filled monster backs from Fire Mountain Gems. Much less expensive than the solid gold ones. I've replaced most of the tiny earring backs with those. I've got some of the sticky dot things called Lobe Wonder that you put on the back of your earlobe, and then push the earring post through, and they work, but I don't like the feeling of something stuck on the back of my earlobe.

Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I never put a phone up to my ear. I put it on speaker phone and hold it like a walkie talkie. At work I have cushioned headset, but I try to position it above my earrings. .
    Have to change our lives for our pearls!

How do you clean your pearl rings that have gemstones?
    I like to keep my gemstones sparkly, but I don't want to damage the pearls.
    Normally I submerge my rings in a jewelry cleaning solution, but it's not recommended for pearls.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

For gem stones I use a small tooth brush and detergent + water in a cup and brush the top and back. Detergent makes them super shiny. Makes sense since it removed fat on dishes too. It was recommended to me by friend from an old jewelry family. If a pearl is right next to (don't have any with both) I would think it would be possible to brush around the pearl. Or maybe find a softer brush.

- Karin

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

I use a tiny drop of the original Dawn to clean metals and gems, usually in a tumbler, but also with a soft cloth & toothbrush. I never tried using any type of detergent to clean pearls though, only a soft damp cloth.