First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member mausketeer's Avatar

Default The tale of Opal and Jasper

My cats are brother and sister and aren't fixed yet. The female is in heat. I posted a LOOOOONG story that I have now edited because I'm embarassed that I vented so much........

- Jodie -
    Last edited by mausketeer; 09-30-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: felt stupid
    "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
    - Lucy Maude Montgomery -

Pearl Maven Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar

They will be full siblings. Ouch. Even when the Egyptians married their sisters and brothers, they had children by others- witness Cleopatra the Pearl Eater. It was a political thing, not a breeding thing, to marry a sibling. It was about keeping the power in the same dynastic line, not having to marry into another one that could overtake yours. There will mostly likely be trouble because appleheads already have a lot of recessives expressed from the line breeding that created the breed in the first place. If it isn't against your religion to abort inbred kittens, I would advise the spaying. It cost more for preggie cats, but this is not a litter you want to have.

I feel for you, but things will soon settle down with the 2 neutered cats.and all your new pearls!!!
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Opal will be spayed on Tuesday...... vet said it won't be a problem if she is pregnant..... sigh....... my poor little girl.......
    Last edited by mausketeer; 09-30-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: I talk too much.....

Blah blah blah......
    Last edited by mausketeer; 09-30-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: felt dumb again.....

Here they are in more "innocent" days........ (Opal loves to watch her bird DVD! She comes running when she hears the music.)
    kitties playing.JPGkitties TV.JPG
    "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Ash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mausketeer View Post
    My cats are brother and sister and aren't fixed yet. The female is in heat. I posted a LOOOOONG story that I have now edited because I'm embarassed that I vented so much........

- Jodie -
    Hugs!!! To you and little Opal girl.
    Cheers,
    Ash

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

That is amazing, adorable kitties watching TV! Sorry about all the drama, Jodie. Hoping for all to go smoothly in the future, and a fast recovery for Opal.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

I thought your story was well written. I'm sorry you took it down.

I have been on other forums where I tend to share a BIT too much (especially so soon) and then I feel SO silly afterwards that I've unloaded all this drama on these people....... I think I'm just one of those "wear my heart on my sleeve" types of people (can never keep it inside when I'm feeling something - it's a bit of a curse.....)

Anyways, thanks everyone for your concern and your thoughts! It's appreciated! The kitties are doing fine - thankfully Opal isn't one of those really loud annoying Siamese (we say she sounds like she's been in a bingo hall all night - she has a very weak, raspy meow - lol).

- Jodie -

Pearl Maven Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar

Its nice to have you here. You can always start a blog, for us who like to read what you wrote.
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.