Default New Kojima purchases

I just can't get enough of Sarah's pearls. I just finished knotting the white/carved tahitian rope and wanted to share. The carved pearls are really amazing. Not sure what to do with the baroque pondslimes though. My pics do not do them justice. Any ideas from the creative types out there?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Lucky you! I've been admiring the carved Tahitians also! A lovely combination, enjoy! I usually just do something simple with the pond slimes--my favorite strand has pond slime keshi spacers with vermeil gold, which gives it a nice length.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Pearl Maven Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar

At the ruckus, in Blaire's presentation, there were a number of photos of Sarah's pearls. I think she may hold the crown for rare and unusual pearls and a broad range of them. Your necklace is a total winner! Did I see it in Blaire's talk? I can't quite remember, but you certainly used the carved pearls well. Congrats!
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Pattye, thanks for the spacer idea. I hadn't thought about spacers at all but I think you are right. They would really show off the pearls individually and bring out the deep gold colors. Thanks!

Caitlin, thanks for the comments. I knotted this one myself (don't look at the knots too closely as I am still very new at this) so I don't think this is what you saw at the ruckus but it could be you saw some of the same carved pearls. Sarah definitely has a unique selection. Next up on the acquisition list will be souffle pearls! I lust after Blaire's souffles.

Pearl Maven Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar

I thought I saw the photo in Blaire's presentation? Maybe not. Your knots are fine. Knotting has a mystique, but it is easy to train your hands to do it.

I lust after Blaire's souffles.
    Me too!
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

This is the necklace I was thinking of, in my thread https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/lo...embership.html

Scroll down to last photo at the bottom of page one--gold spacers are antiqued vermeil.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Nerida's Avatar

Hi mrsz,
    I have come back a few times to look at these gorgeous pearls - nice use of Sarah's carved Tahitians! That rope is stunning.

I have sold several strands of large (and smaller) pondslime naturals like the ones in your second photo - I think the first strand I have is in the thread "Not Applying for Membership - yet!" in early 2008. I also used gold vermeil spacers in that strand.

Good luck with them!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert la_corsetiere's Avatar

In addition to vermeil, I often use copper or bronze spacers with pondslime hues - those duller tones can compliment the natural slimy hues quite nicely, and the metals are much less expensive than sterling or vermeil (and infinitely less expensive than gold!). Alas, my body chemistry seems to just vaporize the gold plating on vermeil, much to my dismay...

Sheri

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member juliebeth's Avatar

ok i just randomly found this thread and HAVE to say i adore the carved tahitian rope! adore! i have no idea if mrsz is still around, but if you are, your rope is exquisite!

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Octavia's Mom's Avatar

I wonder if I even saw this thread at the time. Mrsz sure has some sweet pearls there.