Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert dkan 168's Avatar

Default Care to share your hasty decisions that you regret?

"Regrets, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention..." as the song "My Way" goes

Here is my latest

Shortly after the sudden death of my partner, I bought a folding bike, a custom-built Brompton S type, with the aim to take Borda the dog for short bike rides when the days are longer and better.

I had one of these in the past, and sold it without using it much due to changes in circumstances , and decided to get another one because it can fit into the boot of my MINI, completely out of view without the need to fold the seats down or take off the back shelf.

Unfortunately, it is really a road bike for short journeys, and not suited for bumpy tow path along the canal and recreation trails around leafy Wiltshire countryside

I have ridden her for less than 4miles each weekend since the middle of Feb 09, and she is less than 2mth old

I should have done a bit more research before placing the order in Dec 08. I guess I was not thinking straight at the time (his death was in Nov 08), and made a hasty decision that I now regret

I wish I could keep her, however, can't justify having 2 folding bikes, as I shall be getting a folder with front and better rear suspensions that will be kinder to my arms and backside!

Apple The Bike is spec'ed to match Apple The MINI Cooper's colour combination, and they are both stunning, IMHO, and I am bias They both bring a smile to my face everytime I see them, and Apple the car is 7yo in Feb 09

I hope the bike will go to a good home where she will be loved

So long Apple The Bike, your big sister, Borda and I will miss you!

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Second-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member Mervione's Avatar

Sorry for not adding to the thread, but that car is gorgeous! The colours! I might need to think about the hasty decisions I?ve done... From my experiences most decisions have been good.
    Actually have an avatar.
    My Etsy-shop: http://www.thetreasurechamber.etsy.com
    My eBay-page: http://myworld.ebay.com/thetreasurechamber

(\_/)??(\(\
    (O.o)^(._. )
    (> <)(')(')_) Those are Bunnys. Copy Bunnys into your signature to help him on their way to world domination

Pearl Journalist Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Octavia's Mom's Avatar

Wow. Matching your bicycle to your car - that's darn cool!

Thanks

The colour combination of Red and Lime Green for Apple The Car was not to everyone's taste, and I did get a lot of stick about it. However, Apple led to many MINIs with unusual colour combinations ever since her first outing in Feb 02

I would love to keep the bike to match the car, however, it really is a waste and does not do her justice, hence I am selling her

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Apple The Bike was sold this morning via Buy It Now option on eBay, woo hoo!

Apparently, the new owner likes her cheery colour combination

DK

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert barbie biggs's Avatar

Dear Dkan:
    Color is good and you did at least get to play with it. This is first on your list isn't it?
    Good for you!
    barbie

Quote Originally Posted by barbie biggs View Post
    Dear Dkan:
    Color is good and you did at least get to play with it. This is first on your list isn't it?
    Good for you!
    barbie
    Yes, I did get to play with it for nearly 2 months, so I am happy, however, am still sad to see her go

Not sure what you meant by being first on the list though

DK