Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert dkan 168's Avatar

Default New Earring Jackets

They are here, at last!

Thanks to Jeremy who helped in finding a jeweller (one of his suppliers) to make these for me

Although the original intention was to have these in time for my partner's Thanksgiving Service on 05 Dec 08, the time scale was too tight and missed by about a week, nevermind

I have always wanted a pair of statement earring jackets, with interchangeable centre studs, and my wish has turned into reality

The earring jackets are made using the mould of a double-strand pearl clasp, and I have purchased one so that I can re-string my double-strand Freshadama that Jeremy made for me as a rushed job in time for my partner's funeral

The triple clasp will be used to make a triple strand of 5-6mm CFWPs I purchased wholesale from ebay vendor "pearllunar pearls only"

The overall diameter of the jackets is just under 20mm, and they don't cover my earlobes!

It means I can wear even bigger earrings, just need to have the money to get some!

Anyway, here are the pics of my earring jackets with different centre studs. The pearls are Freshadamas and Tahitians, about 8mm; and the diamond studs are my own, about 48pt each and 6mm in diameter.

I am getting a pair of smaller black CFWP pearls as the Tahitians are sitting just a tad too high for my liking

Good thing about these jackets is that they are near mirror image of each other, as I am kind of fussy about this for earrings

Here are the fuzzy ear shots, as I did not use the tripod to take these pics , just to give you an idea of their size

Lastly, a couple of pics of my 8-9mm Freshadama double, 24in, with the original triple clasp, and the new clasp that I shall use

So happy they are mine

In theory, that should be it for earrings now that I have these, yeah right!

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Pearlista Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Very pretty! I suspect you'll find lots of opportunities to wear your elegant earring jackets. I rarely need an excuse to overdress in the jewelry department.

Quote Originally Posted by GemGeek View Post
    Very pretty! I suspect you'll find lots of opportunities to wear your elegant earring jackets. I rarely need an excuse to overdress in the jewelry department.
    Shame that my partner did not get to see these, as he would be very proud to see them on me

Now that he has gone, the opportunities to dress up will be much less

However, I am confident that such opportunities will turn up again in the future

DK
    Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

Love the graceful design, so very nice on you, thanks for modeling!! Not being a diamond fan, I would personally love those in colored sapphires!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert barbie biggs's Avatar

They are all so pretty I can't decide where to look. I think I'll just sit here and stare for a while if it's all the same to you. You after all get to wear them. So pretty.
    barbie

Thank you!

I like to play with my jewellery when I am low, they bring comfort to me for some reason

These earrings are so beautiful that I can't help but to keep looking at them

DK

Pearl Collector & Designer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sueki's Avatar

Aaagh,
    I love love love those jackets !
    Just gorgeous !
    And they look fabulous on you Dkan.

Thank you!

Another reason to be a plus-size - I can wear big jewellery

DK

Pearlista Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert GemGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkan 168 View Post
    Thank you!

I like to play with my jewellery when I am low, they bring comfort to me for some reason

These earrings are so beautiful that I can't help but to keep looking at them

DK
    Think of it as a way to get the most out of your investment. The more jewelry you have, the harder it is to get the "cost-per-wearing" down, so taking it out and enjoying it is "responsible ownership".