Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I was with Peter in Tahiti and I know he had no knowledge of who pearldiver was. In fact it consumed him the whole trip trying to figure it out, it drove me nuts!!!.. Internet is so up and down in Tahiti so he was pretty much powerless to find out who he was and or edit what pearldiver had to say.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

I am definitely not saying Peter knew who pearldiver52865 was. I do believe he did not know. But that is one of the beauties of the Internet. Posters and browsers leave footprints. The evidence is still there and will remain unless intentionally deleted. The thread is still there. PD's account is still active. It would only take an administrator a moment to check the IP and email address.

pbazar

I have not realy decided where to go with this but to put a link to this fourm as this is where the conversation has continued. I feel all sides have had the opertunity to air Their thoughts and there are important issues raised. I will look at the admin on cpaa when I can. I will tell you PDs mail is not going through.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

PD's Yahoo! email account was closed the day after I sent a request for an apology to Edward Mastoloni. But it was a valid email account prior to that. The PD account here was linked to it, and it was a verified account, meaning someone had clicked a link in an automated email from Pearl-Guide.com to activate the account.

It does not really matter, though. The IP address is most important. But if the email addresses matched on PG and on CPAA forum (same user-name at Yahoo!), this would prove they are one and the same person and posting from Mastoloni's IP.

The reason I am bringing this up is because the response I received in lieu of an apology for the statements made on the CPAA forum was that the matching forum accounts were "coincidental at best".

In other words, just because someone using the user-name pearldiver52865 on CPAA threatens to join Pearl-Guide.com, and Pearl-Guide.com immediately gets a new sign-up from a user with the handle pearldiver52865 (the account we can prove was created by someone at Mastoloni's IP address), it is just "coincidental at best".

After all, it is such a common name.

Default unnecessary

I could not resist, I just finished the thread on CPAA...my, that is one angry pearldiver. Not only was pd inappropriate and rude, pd is just plain wrong. I have been in the jewelry business over 30 years, did all my studies and courses, worked for a GIA Gemmological Appraisor, have had first hand experience with all of the situations, worked with most of the organizations the pd was complaining about....., and he is just wrong and incorrect-at least compared to my experience in the same situations- about almost everything he said. I do agree with one thing he said' B&M jewelers need to better educate themselves about pearls to keep up with the current market and to best use their position of having the pearls right in the customers face. I also gotta say, while not all Internet businesses are paragons of honesty, PP/Jeremy and TPO/Terry are both very integral, hard working, honest people. They do not lie on their websites and work hard to educate their customers....and their pearls are pretty, too.

A 3rd pearl

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

Ha, I just checked my public profile page and surprise, surprise, who has visited my page recently but Mastoloni-Pearls.

Somehow I find that a bit creepy. But interesting.

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

Now I am miffed. As an evil, etc etc internet pearl seller I haven't been visited..... Sulk and pout.

pattye

I haven't been visited..... Sulk and pout.
    Me neither, Wendy.

Pearl Maven Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar

Well, I've been the brattiest- you'd think he'd visit my page and at least look at my pearls (sulk and pout)
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert barbie biggs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
    Well, I've been the brattiest- you'd think he'd visit my page and at least look at my pearls (sulk and pout)
    I do believe ignoring people is one way of paying a compliment. It's intended to make you feel like a flea. It can be particularly annoying. And it's very effective. If you're honored by his attention.

Maybe we could all pay his profile a visit...heh heh...

Tee Hee! I was joking,

but I do hope he looks carefully at the forum-we have so many active members and so many pearl pros, from farmers,to shell men, wholesalers of commercial quality pearls, retailers of same, designers, re-stringers/knotters and consumers who have just bought or want to buy pearls. They all bring dimension to the forum and it is what it says it is, an informational site.

A lot of consumers here quickly learn more about pearls than most jewelers know- let alone their sales people. . We have people who come here to share their bad experiences with jewelers I think we even have a thread about "the stupidest thing a jeweler told me".(the things say say to consumers are a joke, they are so ignorant). We have at least a dozen, maybe two dozen, retailers of beading quality, fine quality, and designed pieces. Most have a website too.

We have expose articles- like for the Pearl of Allah, and a pr?cis of C Denis George's research findings about how the Japanese got their patents (El Senor Miki provides a fudged version of those events.)

Even an article(s) about the new trends in the business. We try to inform people of Pearl events and have done so, though that section should be larger. We have threads on how to restring your own pearls or design new ones. And on and on.

We have books and resources for pearls, dozens of them. We use Strack's epic tome to learn about pearls and to quote when people have question about history, natural history, the types of oyster pearls and mussels. I have collected all the articles I can on unios from many states. We have a slew of people responding to to threads on pollution and dangerous detritus.

Then we have a huge section where people can put up pix of their pearls.

And we did it all without slandering or libeling anyone, no mater how bad they are. We just list and discuss the facts in each case. We have a Q & A forum for eBay buyers. We have found one top of the line, unique pearl design person on eBay, and many members who sell on eBay. If they post over here, many of us check out their websites and give feedback. We get after people who illegally use copyrighted photos.

All these aspects of our forum help people to better know pearls and to share their expertise. Any reading over here at all makes a lot of folks become NCN's (inside joke) or just plain crazy about pearls. We see such marvelous things over here, we put them on our (growing) pearl list and more than a few have gone from owning one necklace to collecting pearls, especially from the people we know over here.

I'll end this post before I think of something else.
    Caitlin

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Pearl Collector & Designer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sueki's Avatar

Hi Caitlin,
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    It's been a while since I looked at your profile so I went and had another look today.
    Fabulous pearls. But an even more fabulous neck - how come yours is so smooth and mine so.... well, so.........

Maybe we could all pay his profile a visit...heh heh...
    I already did that, it did tell me when his last visit here was.

I think he is reading this thread as it grows. ( or someone is still hacking his account?) Maybe he now knows what a foolish attack on honest people does.

Hi Sueki

That is my daughter Kether's neck and so is the foot. I once said I had wattles on my neck and got a real teasing about it.
    Caitlin

FWIW I've seen Mastoloni Pearls (At Peter Indorf Jewelers, in case anyone in CT is wanting to look them over) and they are very nice.

It's been a while since I was there so I don't recall what the inventory included-- Akoya certainly but there may have been more.