Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Not penguins dear CathyKeshi, but "brown pelicans" from the Sea of Cortez.
    Name:  Pelicans.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  198.7 KB
    It gets TOO HOT down here for penguins.
    What I always wanted to ask the Seri (I asked them mostly about medicinal uses of plants in my week-long stay with them) is how did they get rid of the "corucos" or "bird-lice"...they are hideously large and scary!!! Never in my life I would wear a pelican pelt kilt if it had JUST ONE of these hideous critters! Yikes...makes my skin crawl!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Hello dear forum Members! Giving this thread a bump!
    I have been finding information nuggets (or, better yet...keshi) and been thinking of adding them here on the forum and I INVITE you all to also share these articles that you deem interesting here in this thread...what do you think? Hope you like the idea

The first one I will share is this one about the quest of a Baja Californian woman for the fabled natural pearls found in the British Royals crowns and jewels... just click HERE to read it!
    BTW: available in English & Spanish

Cheers!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

This one about a "Lucky Man" that found a rare Melo-Pearl in Thailand!
    READ HERE
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

And to top it off today...and interesting read on Tahitian Pearls by Yachts International...some nice photos there.

Have a great day today...and EVERY DAY.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Oh sorry! Missed this one by Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm in Australia...nice story by Passport & Pixels
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

purveyor of pearls Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pearlescence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CortezPearls View Post
    This one about a "Lucky Man" that found a rare Melo-Pearl in Thailand!
    READ HERE
    I've seen reports that he has been arrested and this is a scam
    Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
    www.pearlsapractical.guide

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    I've seen reports that he has been arrested and this is a scam
    Could be! The one I did hear that was a scam (and it seems waaay too common now) is that about the giant clam pearl in the Philippines.
    In any case, if you have that info Wendy, please share it as a follow up!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Could be! The one I did hear that was a scam (and it seems waaay too common now) is that about the giant clam pearl in the Philippines.
    Name:  scam.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  69.6 KB
    Slightly shaky translation from Thai
    For Mr. Code Chai, it was a news report for picking orange pearls or ′′ pearl melo ′′ which is rare in the seaside area behind the house. It was hilariously posted on Facebook that there was a businessman. I want to buy for 5 million baht, but I haven't sold it. When Melo was found, there was a Sheriff of Hua Sai and villagers travelling to see Melo pearl continuously. #until the officer entered. Make an arrest.

Name:  scam.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  69.6 KB
    Slightly shaky translation from Thai
    For Mr. Code Chai, it was a news report for picking orange pearls or ′′ pearl melo ′′ which is rare in the seaside area behind the house. It was hilariously posted on Facebook that there was a businessman. I want to buy for 5 million baht, but I haven't sold it. When Melo was found, there was a Sheriff of Hua Sai and villagers travelling to see Melo pearl continuously. #until the officer entered. Make an arrest.
    Okay, further research. Pearl info may or may not be accurate (why the Pteria shells?) but it seems the man celebrated in unadvised ways
    https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-ne...-si-thammarat/
    Last edited by pearlescence; 02-18-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Great place to stick interesting articles Douglas, great idea! Now I need to fine an extra few hours each week to catch up on them all!

Yes, and we could have discussions on the articles and breaking news
    Like this "Melo Con-Man", although the photo of the accused pearl does look like a Melo.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno