View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Pearl Single Strand Clasp?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ball

20 48.78%
  • Fishhook

5 12.20%
  • Toggle

9 21.95%
  • Knot

4 9.76%
  • Butterfly

0 0%
  • Bow

3 7.32%
  • Link

0 0%
  • Foldover

0 0%
  • Lobster Claw

3 7.32%
  • Mystery

4 9.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Question Favorite Pearl Single Strand Clasp?

What is your favorite pearl single strand clasp? Vote!!

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

What is a butterfly clasp? A bow? knot? A link? The others I know.

I like a clasp with a safety feature. But not fishhooks-- fishhooks are getting harder to manipulate as my fingers age, especially if they are small fishhooks.

jerin

Hi everyone!

I voted for the fish hook clasp simply for security reasons. I think I have missed out a bit because my FIRST CHOICE FOR SECURITY would be a lobster clasp, even if they are not that easy to close with clumsy fingers!

Drawback: There are no fish hooks large enough to be comfortably for the fingers as yet, hopefully that will change!

For the look of a clasp: I could think of a lot of other clasp types!
    Last edited by jerin; 08-24-2008 at 08:26 AM.

Pearl Maven Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Caitlin's Avatar

My favorite is not on the list- an interlocking magnetic clasp
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

pattye

Hi All,

Most of the necklaces I have made lately are pearl and gemstone ropes, and because I LOVE extenders and usually add a minimum of 4 inches of chain, use a lobster claw. I add a gemstone and pearl at the end of the extender, also my 3.5mm logo bead, a little silver triangle "eye"bead.

Pattye
    so many pearls, so little time

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert knotty panda's Avatar

Ooooooo! We need a close up of your logo bead!
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

My current favorite is also not on the list, a basket clasp. It allows you to adjust the length as you like and lets the remaining pearls cascade down, can look like a lariat if worn in the front or a classic strand if the pearls cascade down the back.
    Reiah
    Saving moola for Silver Tahitians, and more earrings!

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

Quote Originally Posted by pattye View Post
    I add a gemstone and pearl at the end of the extender, also my 3.5mm logo bead, a little silver triangle "eye"bead.
    Lessee!!! Lessee!!!

CarolK

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member callire's Avatar

I love the look of the bow clasps, so cute! I don't like fish hooks either, way to hard to put on, imo. Ball clasps are a close second though.

Forogt: Toggles are so cute too! I couldn't fathom paying $80 extra for it though (come on, anyone here with me?). Maybe PP would be nice and provide some sterling silver options?

Lobsters are also fine too, much better than the fish hooks. I usually have those on my pendant chains.
    Our family run online business: http://www.cordlessworkz.com/
    (Nothing so glamorous as pearls, sadly)

Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

I seem to have a lot of trouble with the ball clasps, but I like the look of them. Toggles can be very attractive and are easy to use.

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Hanaleimom's Avatar

I have trouble with fish hook and do better with ball clasp. However, the small ball clasp still gives me some hassles. I've been requesting ball clasp slightly larger than the end pearls. I know, it looks kind of funny, but the larger ones are easier for me to put on (eventhough I don't have arthritis).
    Cathy

Pearl Collector & Designer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sueki's Avatar

I can't vote 'cos it's closed, but my absolute favourite clasp is the mystery clasp.
    But I only use them if someone else is doing the stringing....
    I use ball clasps a lot because I like them second best when joining necklaces together to wear as ropes.
    But I find them tricky to fasten. The tongue always seems to stab my fingers...

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Hanaleimom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sueki View Post
    I use ball clasps a lot because I like them second best when joining necklaces together to wear as ropes.

Same here. Besides being easier to use than fish hook, I have a few strands and a matching bracelet with the same size ball clasps that I hook together.
    Cathy

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member callire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl_dreams View Post
    I seem to have a lot of trouble with the ball clasps, but I like the look of them. Toggles can be very attractive and are easy to use.
    Really? I think the ball clasps are tons easier to use, but I guess it just depends.

I also feel like toggles are more "fun" clasps, like, I didn't even consider getting my white Freshadamas (big investment) with the toggle, because it's too trendy. I wish it were less expensive, because then I could use it as an accent on a bracelet, or inexpensive necklace, or something like that.
    Our family run online business: http://www.cordlessworkz.com/
    (Nothing so glamorous as pearls, sadly)

CLICLASP

You're poll is much interesting for me
    I am writing the story of the clasp throught ages, in the same way that I did with the pearl.
    You would be very surprised to learn how old the systems are;
    It looks like egyptians already invented almost all sytems.

But you would not be surprised to know which one is my favorite ...
    and stringing is very easy !