First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member danachit's Avatar

Default Gold Findings Worth Their Weight...In GOLD!

Holy Moly!! Have you checked the price of gold lately?

I checked a couple of weeks ago and it was hovering around $800. My last big 14K gold findings purchase was around the $700 mark. I was taking my time before reordering and looked today....and it's $859.25!!! I just had a bridal order come in and I need to restock for a few basics and wow have the prices taken a jump!!

I'm checking Kamal, GS Gold, Bella, JK, Bluepoint and Steller. If yall know of anyone else with good discounts, please let me know.

I wonder if it'll hit $1000?

GemGeek

It was $900 the other day. I had all kinds of plans for a new line that went <poof> goo-bye!

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert knotty panda's Avatar

GS is my ace in the hole. I looked at them yesterday. They're still the best price around. You can try Hagstoz, but they have a definite lack of findings. Good on wire though. We might think about forming a buyer's group.
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I LOVE talking to the folks at GS. My favorite findings have been from there, also. The ONE thing I had the hardest time finding was 14K WHITE gold head pins. Finally ended up buying them from Rio Grande (ouch) but now I see Bella and others are carrying them. Whew!

I've found folks really like a white gold leverback earring with a dangle pearl and I just had a nice order come in for outfitting ALL the bridesmaids! But whoowee are my prices gonna have to go up to compensate!

jerin

[QUOTE=danachit]I LOVE talking to the folks at GS.

Who stands for "GS"?

Please give us the site names of the other sites you named (Kamal, Bluepoint, JK, Steller). Are they selling to us amateurs or just to jewellers with references?

The places I trade with the most are GS Gold, Bella Findings and Stuller. The others I check prices with are Kamal Trading, Findings Depot and JK Findings.

I THINK most of these places are for business licenses only, but not sure.

If you don't have a business license, check out MonsterSlayer, Allseason, Accent Beads, ArtGemsInc.....I believe all of these folks sell to individuals also. Before I began purchasing wholesale, I purchased most of my findings from trade shows or Monsterslayer.com.

pattye

Wow, this is really useful information! Trying to find this stuff does make me crazier!

I did look at G&S Gold's site: it appeared that they have a minimum, but did not see any wholesale application.

THANKS!!!

Pattye
    so many pearls, so little time