Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pattye

Default Tahitian with Turq Nucleus

Wow, here's something new to me, from Terry at The Pearl Outlet--
    Name:  Terry's Tahitian with turq nucleus.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  22.8 KB

Well, yes, there is the diamond too, I sure didn't know they were doing that with other types of nucleus-----hum----what next??? Would love to see this in person---definately a conversation piece!!

Pattye
    so many pearls, so little time

xeresana

Wow. It kind of looks like flames. Interesting idea. I love turquoise.

Casey.R

Wow! Now thats something I've never seen before.

purepearls

In Hawaii, there are artists who carve gorgeous scenery into Tahitian pearls. I wish I had a picture because it is hard to explain but I did not have my camera with me at the time of passing by.

Super Moderator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert jshepherd's Avatar

Is that a Chi Huynh piece?

pattye

It is called "Galatea Mercy Pearl", not sure who the specific designer is. Also noticed some other "Diamond in Pearl" pieces, they look very nicely done.

Pattye

This guy, I believe.

http://www.modernjeweler.com/print/Modern-Jeweler/Core-Values/1$42

pattye

So, Jeremy,

Is this what's going on? Nucleating with different "stuff" or combinations, assuming tissue still has to be inserted with the "bead", what other variations have you heard of???? Is that what the secret is??

Pattye

Third-graft Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Raisondetre's Avatar

I did love some of the Galatea pieces. Too bad I'm still on a budget so only collecting the classics now. The dolphins were delectable!

I wish the secret were that glamorous. I have heard of anyone doing this other than Chi Huynh. It is a great idea, and it appears as though he got it to work.

Ashley

It's truly an ingenious idea!

I found the piece with the Citrine nuclei pictured in the Modern Jeweler article particularly elegant and unique. I have always liked the idea of pairing pearls with colored gemstones- especially briollets- but this takes my thoughts to an entirely new level!! WOWZA.

I knew that you can basically nucleate an oyster with just about any type of material you wanted as long as the epthelial donor tissue was included in the procedure- I wonder why no one has thought about this until now?

That is going to be one very famous artist...

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert knotty panda's Avatar

That's the same artist I posted about a few days ago. http://pearl-guide.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=carved

I still have to get used to the idea of carving a pearl, but the gemstone nucleus is much more appealing to me than just sticking a diamond in it. It definitely opens a whole new realm of possibilities, doesn't it.
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Administrator Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Kevin Canning's Avatar

I'm a big fan of that design - minus the diamond though, I don't think it adds anything, just makes it look like a headlight. I could see something similar working very well for a few different men's pieces though. You mentioned it was from Terry, is he selling these, I didn't see them on his site?
    Last edited by Kevin Canning; 08-09-2007 at 02:47 AM.
    Kevin Canning
    Pearls Of Joy
    www.PearlsOfJoy.com
    Read My Blog
    FaceBook Fan Page
    1-800-451-1411

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert knotty panda's Avatar

[QUOTE=PearlsOfJoy.com] ... just makes it look like a headlight./QUOTE]

That's it. Not appealing. Good call! Aren't diamonds supposed to have light passing through them to show their best?
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

perlas

lovely. nice color. i like gemstones but is that supposed to be for a ring?

don't know the durability of a carved pearl esp. if you carve it all the way to the nucleus.

i'd rather put it on display in a mini glass case rather than wear it.
    great piece of art.

now wondering what a clear quartz nucleus would do to a white pearl. will the pearl look really trasparent?