Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

i am sure it involves price change each time but i told her i don't care!!!

once i am on to the freshadamas then i will be more fussed about the price...

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria101
    No price change ??!!

Either way, it seems lucky to have these options. It doesn't seem trivia to find large freshwater baroques anywhere, and the plump ones tend to be rather conscious of their importance!

here are the choices mia came up for me, i have narrowed down my choice to the first and third strands. i found the second one is too small (it was the original order!!)

what do you all think? on the one hand, i am not too sure about longish baroques, on the other, i love how they all look so LARGE *yum*

http://www.pearlparadise.com/temp18.html
    Last edited by pearlpunk; 08-31-2007 at 01:19 AM.

sueki, your comments helped me made up my mind. i love how yours look on you, but my husband kept making comments about the baroques which shaken my confidence a bit about getting 'really' baroque ones. but as i move to ask mia for more 'rounded' baroques, i thought to myself, i don't want my baroques to look like they are trying to be round in other words, wannabes. i want them to boldly go where no pearls have gone before and scream 'BAROQUE'. so i am swinging back and forth here.

as for the idea of letting my husband wear the round pearls he love so much.... he gave me a look when i communicated that suggestion to him hahahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by Sueki
    Hello Pearlpunk, and Salem,
    Whew !
    They look gorgeous. Thanks for the photo.
    I'm sure you will love them - if not, send them to me.........
    If looked at closely, my pearls are more baroque.
    Once on the neck, they appear rounder to the eye ( and the camera ).
    I have found, too, that round pearls don't attract nearly so much attention from friends as the baroque shapes do.
    Enjoy them when you get them, and do post pics. please.

Pearl Knotting & Wire Expert Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert knotty panda's Avatar

Of course I was the one who read the post first. Tell your husband ... naw . Actually I love the baroques. I think the look is wonderful. Commit! There's nothing stopping you from getting rounds next year!
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

First-graft Pearl Senior Member

Husbands who love round pearls should get some round pearls for their wives.

Then a wife can have the choice of wearing what pleases her when she wants to express herself and perhaps wearing what he likes when they go out on a date.

Regards,
    Pernula
    Last edited by pernula; 08-31-2007 at 05:48 AM.

ladies, i need your opinion on the first and third strands here:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/temp18.html

i posted the link above but it was so low down that it looked like a signature and you may have missed it.

the second strand is the original baroque strand i initially ordered. not nearly as big as i wanted them to be and i am glad i emailed mia for the largest possible ones they have in stock. mia then came with the ones in the first pic. which are the same strand i posted before (not modelled) and some of you commented on. they do look "long" so we went back and look for a more "rounded" ones, more like sueki's. and mia came with the strands in the third pic. but they are not as large visually. and sueki did say that hers were actually not as round as they appeared in her modelling pic.

since my focus is on 'drama' (read: size and luster) i am leaning towards the strands in the first pic. i did tell mia though, that i am not too sure about that pointy one in front. looks like it can stab me in the neck...

I KNOW! i am going ahead with the baroque! at first i attempted to seek the more rounded ones, perhaps as a compromise. but heck, if i want round ones, i'll get the freshadamas! and i'll get those next year!

Quote Originally Posted by knotty panda
    Of course I was the one who read the post first. Tell your husband ... naw . Actually I love the baroques. I think the look is wonderful. Commit! There's nothing stopping you from getting rounds next year!

Quote Originally Posted by pernula
    Husbands who love round pearls should get some round pearls for their wives.

Then a wife can have the choice of wearing what pleases her when she wants to express herself and perhaps wearing what he likes when they go out on a date.

Regards,
    Pernula
    i agree he would argue that with my social services wage, he IS paying for this baroques anyway but i did tell him that he can buy me the round ones perhaps and should start saving for my 38th birthday

Pearl Collector & Designer Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Sueki's Avatar

Hello Pearlpunk,
    I love all the necklaces, but if I had to choose, I prefer photos 1 and 3.
    I'm sure the pointy pearl isn't nearly so pointy as it looks in the photo, but if you are worried, you could ask for it to be placed further along the row and not in the centre.
    Personally, I adore baroques, and the pointy bit is just another attraction for me.
    As a life-long collector of jewellery, I have owned a fair few baroque pearls, and have always ( secretly ) thought them more beautiful than perfect, round pearls.
    However, I had allowed myself to be brainwashed into thinking that baroques are the poor relation to Mikimoto et al.
    And then I found this forum......
    I find than no-one comments on my perfect round akoyas; they attract no attention at all.
    But when I wear the baroques, well, I seem to spend the entire time explaining what they are and where they came from.
    This is the case, even, with some of my male friends who wouldn't normally comment on jewellery at all - indeed, they don't usually even notice jewellery.
    Of course, these baroques are not Freshadama, but, for me, they are every bit as beautiful in their own way. And, I don't think that I could afford the Freshadamas in these sizes.

jerin

[QUOTE=pearlpunk]ladies, i need your opinion on the first and third strands here:

Hi Pearlpunk (what is Your christian name, please) - I don?t like "Punk"

In my opinion in post # 92 : pic 1: the Lowest (longer) strand I like the best of the two.

Pic 2: this "small" strand is the most harmonious, perhaps the least one that really does look "baroque". I would go for it.

Pic 3: Here I definitely like the lower strand best.

If, however size is the most important thing, You should take the one with the most irregular shape.

As long as Your husband pays the bill - see that You get what You want!

Let us know what choice You made....
    Last edited by jerin; 10-19-2007 at 08:46 AM.

Default a newbie here...

One of the ways you can aid drape and lay in large pearl strands is by using a larger cord so the knots will be bigger, winding up with a little extra room between each pearl. The cord should be heavy enough to look the right size and thin enough to hang nicely. Doing graduated strands with a big size difference form end to center creates a couple extra chalenges for the stringer, but nothing that can't be done.

A 3rd pearl

Casey.R

Hi PearlPunk, I prefer #1 and #3 as well. They are equally beautiful. Just different. Either one will get you a lot of attention.
    Last edited by Casey.R; 08-31-2007 at 09:41 PM.

Casey.R

I was commenting on the ones in post#96. Have you decided which one you like best yet?

boo

I personally prefer the pearls in the first photo - they are big and beautiful!

hiya all

my choices are between pic 1 and 3 also!
    and i am going to have them in THREE strands.

i am moving more and more towards pic 1.... because, YES, the SIZE most important! i want DRAMA!

now, should i string them together or separately?

should i stack all three strands one on top of the other? or, separate them with some space like sueki's? (2 inches apart i believe). i am a bit worried about the whole thing looking too much like a bib, or somewhat "thick" looking... if you know what i mean...

my shortest length will be shorter than that of sueki's, perhaps sitting on the collar bone sort of length.