Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

The only problem you're going to have now is you will want to probably buy all different colors of pearls once you see them on this forum. I went from a white pearl collection to Tahitian pearls to South Sea. I very rarely wear my akoyas now--occasionally go back, depending on my clothes, mood and situation. Easy to get addicted!!

I fear you are right! My intention when I began this journey was just to buy one nice stand of white pearls, and now I know I want a strand of golden SSPs and Tahitian pearls in ALL the colors! And yeah, I thought I could be happy with freshwater pearls, but now I feel like I need akoyas- and AAA grades akoyas, at that! A fool and her money will soon be parted, I'm afraid.

I will! I've never photographed my whole collection, so this will be a good opportunity. Now I just need to figure out how to take decent pictures!

Natural Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert KarinK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlie Sue View Post
    I fear you are right! My intention when I began this journey was just to buy one nice stand of white pearls, and now I know I want a strand of golden SSPs and Tahitian pearls in ALL the colors! And yeah, I thought I could be happy with freshwater pearls, but now I feel like I need akoyas- and AAA grades akoyas, at that! A fool and her money will soon be parted, I'm afraid.
    That sounds SO much like the mess I got into

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KarinK View Post
    That sounds SO much like the mess I got into
    Same here! I just thank God for the folks who re-homed their pearl babies, (Cough, cough, you know who you are) and for Sales!
    Still, I’m not repentant. I’d be heading for pearls, no matter where I started in life.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Pearlie Sue, sorry for not answer your questions earlier. About luster, it's always difficult to tell. Mostly I ask. If the wendor has to good photos, sometimes the pearls disapoints.
    I have bought lots of pearls from both Pearlescence and Cees. They have great pearls and many times they can find what I look for if they don't have them in stock. Pearlescence website is uk based, Cees sells mostly from Instagram and Facebook (? Don't have Facebook so I don't know for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by lisa c View Post
    Same here! I just thank God for the folks who re-homed their pearl babies, (Cough, cough, you know who you are) and for Sales!
    Still, I’m not repentant. I’d be heading for pearls, no matter where I started in life.
    I'm sort of repentant... Some purchases I would love to have reversed and the money back in my account. Others just make me feel bad because I rarely wear pearls these days, just the same Kamoka on leather. But I arranged some handmade wooden trays with my best pearls on my bathroom counter so I get to look at them - while counting in my how much they all cost me Maybe I should compare those strands to artwork instead. I mean, how can you put a price on the art of nature?

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Better times will come back and I'm hoping we will be able to rejoin our Social lives and for you -beautiful people- to wear your Natural Art pieces again. I am so hoping for this.
    We are just like pearls...and this is just another layer of experience for us. I'm trying to see it from a certain perspective: once we are "free" again we will not take it for granted and we will be more grateful...I know I will
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

My lack of wearing pearls is nothing new and not related to covid-19 I have been working remote for over 5 years. I always get dressed and usually work in cafés. They just don't call me to wear them much.