Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Finally it got here!

Hey guys!

My blue Akoya finally arrived, YAY!! I am so excited to share with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by StarryPearl; 01-21-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

OOOOO, look at those colors. Gorgeous.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

The colors are amazing.

Thank you, BWeaves and Charlotta. All the pearls have both blue and pink overtones, which is amazing. In person they look more blue than pink, but the photo shows them about equally, which is interesting. I just took another photo of it with my old freshwater necklace (needs restrung!) so that we can see how blue it is. I LOVE it!

Btw, can anyone please educate me on these terms: "undertone", "overtone", "iridescence", and "orient"? I have a very vague idea what they are but I guess what I thought I knew are "overtone" and "iridescence". The blue and pink of these pearls are "overtones", correct? And "iridescence" is like the common multi color on many lustrous freshwater fireball pearls? So what indeed are "undertone" and "orient"? If you could give one representative picture of each of these terms, that would be so much easier for me to understand, as English is not my mother tongue. Thanks a lot!Name:  IMG_0448_副本.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  115.8 KB
    Last edited by StarryPearl; 01-20-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Congratulations StarryPearl
    Looks lovely! And I like the soft-baroque shapes.

What is your native tongue? Have you heard of the Pearls as One course? The CPAA has it in several languages including French, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian...and you can learn a lot from it

You can also look up within our own forum for answers to your questions...you may start with this.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Wow! I love your blue akoya! May I ask where you found them?

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert

Beautiful colours in that strand !

First-graft Pearl Senior Guide Member

That’s a lovely strand!

Thanks, CortezPearls. I eventually got the "real thing" - so glad to see natural color comes this blue and beautiful. I like that you call it "soft-baroque" shape. I was debating between this strand and another strand that was more baroque (had tails) and of bigger size, and I don't regret my choice. However, now I am debating whether to take the other strand as well, as I am addicted to blue Akoya's beauty. If only I don't need to save money for a strand of big WSS... Thanks for recommending the course. I did not know it but it sounds wonderful! I will definitely take a look. And thanks for the link. I actually did search the forum and read that article before, just still not quite get the "orient". Probably I haven't seen enough pearls or paid close attention to the pearls to recall what the description means.

Thank you, Katbran and Lilpearl. This is the first time I see blue Akoya in person - and it's mine! Feel like in heaven.

Thanks for looking, everyone!

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Happy to hear about your newfound Love for Blue Akoya pearls
    Congratulations...and happy to see that our experts' advice has been of help to you
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Pearl Scholar Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert pattye's Avatar

A gorgeous choice, SP, your photos show the luster and colors perfectly!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Museum Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert BWeaves's Avatar

The terms are sort of vague in my head. I think of undertones as the base color of the pearl, and overtones as the shifting colors I see on the surface. I think of orient as the mother of pearl effect, which is similar to iridescence. Then there's luster, which I think of as how shiny or dull the pearls are. I'm sure I've gotten some of it wrong.

I don't think orient is used much any more. I think the word originally came from oriental pearls.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

You really scored here, what a pleasure to see them!

Thanks for your input, BWeaves, that's very helpful.

Thanks for looking and replying, everyone.

A 14k white gold clasp and some thread are on the way. I ordered "frosted" round clasp before receiving the pearls as I thought the blue hue would make the pearls look like frosted and I wanted the clasp harmonious. The pearls turn out so shining and reflective that maybe smooth round clasp fits better. I will see.

I noticed there was a "Show Us Your Pearls" board down there. Perhaps I should post there instead of here?

I am so glad that I joined this forum. People here are so friendly, supportive, knowledgeable, and helpful. Glad to be one of you.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CathyKeshi's Avatar

StarryPearl, Congratulations!!! You got a fabulous strand of dream pearls; how wonderful. I too love those soft baroque shapes, and the colors are divine!!! So happy you got what you hoped for. We're glad you're one of us too . I highly recommend Douglas' suggestion of the Pearls as One course; I think you'd love it; so much to learn, so many surprises. Enjoy your new pearls!
    Cathy

CathyKeshi