Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pearl Enthusiast Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Pearl Dreams's Avatar

That's what confused me, BWeaves. I thought they were all the same photo.

Perpetual Pearl Student Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert lisa c's Avatar

Is she getting 15 strands of pearls? That’d be kiss of death for me, because I never want to give back pearls....
    or no! Photographs, not strands. Sheesh, Dream on...

Hi pearlgirlbella2, Have you tried draping the Hanadama strand over the inside of your wrist, like this?
    Name:  E49FE09C-CE7B-4064-B6D7-F3A70EBFDE7F.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  96.9 KB
    if you squint your eyes and it ‘disappears’ against your skin, then you know it’s probably too close to your own skin tone.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Marianne's Avatar

Lisa has a good suggestion.

Rare Pearl Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert Charlotta's Avatar

Lisa c, I always squint as well. Beautiful strands on your wrist, are they all akoyas? Well I would have a problem returning strands as well. In fact I never do return pearls. If they aren't exactly what I had expected I can always make something else with them. But then I have a lot of pearls already, it's more difficult when one is starting a collection. I remember when I got my first good tahitians, very difficult to decide.
    pearlgirlbella2, so many pearls to decide from. Personally I prefer the 2:d and 4:th strand of the hanadamas, but then I prefer my akoyas on the neutral side. I have a good strand of akoyas tucked away at home, a vintage one I am saving to give to my son for his girlfriend some day (they are great for a wedding). The clasp is dated 1990, that is the year he was born. I am going to see what they look like when I get home, maybe they are pinked. I haven't really looked at them for a while. Those were my first perfect pearls, I cannot find a fault in them. Nowadays I don't really care if they are perfect...
    Last edited by Charlotta; 01-02-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Hi you guys! Over the hump, and well into the Happy New Year....I’m still in my daydream of ‘getting stuck’ with 15 strands of pearls...I’d like to say “Hurt me, hurt me!” BUT that says more about me, than pearls, sooooo....

Name:  D28FDEE7-A6E2-402D-A735-0C4693FEF045.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  100.1 KB
    Recent photo, my older than ca post 33 arm, and with Winter pale skin (poor old skin), and cooler Winter daylight, too. Amazing how different the pearls look. Pearls are Surprises.
    Left strand is an 8-way-roller Metallics, ca ? and the strand on the right I think are PearlParadise metallics, too, but a smaller size (I think from the leftovers from Hisano’s-wedding-project era, not sure of years. I lost some certificates in a move��, but I can scroll through photos to try to date them and edit.)

The larger metallics 7.75-8.0mm white, blue-green base with sort of lemony glaze
    the smaller 5.5-6mm white, blue-violet with silver glaze

without my certificates, I’m left with petit-four imagery
    Last edited by lisa c; 01-05-2021 at 08:26 PM. Reason: edited because I wanted to include the pic in the same post with the descriptions

Yes it is hard returning pearls... I did return the natural hanadamas right away because of the price, and they were way too white...
    the freshadamas are getting more interesting and seem to almost now have a pink glow... which I didn't notice before...
    I just did the "squint" test and they do not disappear on my skin...
    Name:  thumbnail_IMG_4320.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  93.1 KB

the metallics by the way are nice too but new to me... a whole new pearl world, and PP, Pure Peals and Pearls of Joy don't seem to have any right now, and I'm afraid to venture to far afield... till I get past this freshwater issue, I am eyeing Tahitians and blue akoyas and then maybe metallics... who knows... there are lots of them on Etsy but need to educate myself a bit...

I’m glad you’re here, in our Pearlie Playpen! or perhaps Playground is more apt? I hope you stick around. We love it when we get to mull over pearls with someone. I wasn’t trying to convert you metallics (although I’m a fan of them! but I’m a pearl fan, period), I had to correct my earlier post once I remembered that my pearls weren’t freshadamas, eek.

Wow! Those freshadamas of yours are definitely not ‘squinted away’. They pop very nicely against your skin.
    I like the way your photo actually shows the luster all the way from the strong light on your wrist down to the sharp Ping! in the lower light near the clasp.
    Last edited by lisa c; 01-05-2021 at 08:25 PM.

****I’m giving this thread a bump because of the Newbie lady, croquemadame!
    It’s got Great pictures, and lots of them.

The discussion from page 1 to the finish is good, pretty helpful.
    Last edited by lisa c; 01-22-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

Sure is Lisa C. Thumbs up!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Especially pages 1 & 2 for terrific comparison shots; page 1 for irl, and page 2 for color comparisons within pearl types.

PearlParadise put together a marvelous visual aid.

Once upon a Cortez Pearl... Senior Pearl-Guide.com Pearl Expert CortezPearls's Avatar

I agree with Bweaves...they look the same to me...and they all look GREAT!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno